Orlando Poleo new CD!

Let's talk about what can be found around that worth having..

Postby tamboricua » Fri Apr 09, 2004 7:15 pm

Orlando Poleo y Los Amigotes

Saludos,

Jorge Ginorio
tamboricua

Postby franc » Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:57 am

jorge,
como estas?? tell me what is your personal opinion about ''the spanish harlem orchestra'' do they have lot of percussion?? áche to you!!!!! :0
ibúkún,ire,
Franc ♪♪
franc

Postby tamboricua » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:40 pm

franc wrote:jorge,
como estas?? tell me what is your personal opinion about ''the spanish harlem orchestra'' do they have lot of percussion?? áche to you!!!!! :0

Hola Franc,

Everything is fine, thanks! The S.H.O. is directed and produced by pianist Oscar Hernández. Oscar is very popular for his collaborations with Ray Barretto, Conjunto Libre, Daniel Ponce, Ruben Blades, Seis del Solar, etc. I really dig the S.H.O. style, which is pura salsa dura y mucho afinque. The percussion section varies depending on players availability, but regulars that I know in their percussion section are Pablo "Chino" Nuñez on timbal, and George Delgado and Bobby Allende rotating between bongó and tumbadoras. Also Roberto Quintero recorded some tracks on their new album. Check them out!

Saludos,

Jorge Ginorio
tamboricua

Postby franc » Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:52 pm

jorge,
hope all is well!!!!!! thanks for your response. always can count on you pros!! i will buy their c.d. also why you mentioned orlando poelo on your message??? como siempre!!! thank you and my best to you. tu panita, franc :)
ibúkún,ire,
Franc ♪♪
franc

Return to Books, Videos, CD and other stuff