FYI, I posted this request earlier this morning on the "Bugs Reports" section of the "Support and bugs reports" forum. At this time, I haven't heard back from an administrator. This section being on the very bottom of the CongaBoard Forum home page and, therefore, hardly noticeable, this is understandable. So, I'm re-posting this request here.
Thanks in advance for any assistance,
Quote:
This is "mjtuazon". I originally tried changing my email address from "mjtuazon@pacbell.net" to "umannyt@gmail.com" several days ago. I waited for administrator approval but it appears that it never came. So, I changed back to my original "mjtuazon@pacbell.net" and am still waiting for administrator approval. In the meantime, I've been unable to view everybody's posts (including my own), as well as post my own replies.
Therefore, I resorted to signing up again as a new subscriber with my other email address, "umannyt@gmail.com", and using "umannyt" as my User ID.
BTW, I'd really prefer my User ID to stay as "umannyt" instead of "mjtuazon". Is there a way that all my previous posts and current status as a "SuperCongaMember" be transferred to my new email address under my subscription, rather than start all over again as a CongaNewbie?
If not, how can I stay subscribed under my old "mjtuazon@pacbell.net" and change my User ID to "umannyt"?
This is my 2nd email which was originally posted on the "Bugs reports" section.
FYI,
Quote:
Dear Administrator(s),
Here's the message I'm getting when I try to read the posts while logged in as "mjtuazon":
"No topics were found. This is either because there are no topics in this forum, or the topics are older than the current age cutoff."
I'd like to think that I'm quite computer savvy (I worked for a total of 18 years with 3 "Fortune 500" computer companies in the Silicon Valley) and I've tried every which way to figure out how I can view to posts. But, to no avail.
Re: "speakin about bugs, why does your verbiage get duplicated on licking a emoticon??? I like duplets...", forgive me for being slow, but I'm not sure that I understand what you're trying to ask.
I know that I'm quite verbose. So, forgive me but it's the old corporate legal analyst in me making sure that I cover all the bases of what I'm trying to convey. Old habits just die hard.
I'm not really back yet. As you can see, I had to resubscribe under a different email address. So, I'm starting all over again as a CongaNewbie.
Not that it's a big deal. I really don't care for titles. You may consider me a major player here (and I thank you very much for the honor), but I know that in my heart I'm just a novice in the fine and noble art of Latin percussion playing. And I'm very much humbled by the great skills and vast experience of many of our colleagues here in CongaBoard.com, not to mention those of the masters who are often talked about here.
Anyway, what I really want is to simply change my user ID from "mjtuazon" to "umannyt" while keeping my old subscription. I tried doing it by changing my email address on the "Modify Account" section of "Your Control Panel". When it didn't seem to work as I envisioned it, I changed it back to my original email address.
Unfortunately, when I log in under my old user ID, no topics would show up. Apparently, you need to be re-authorized manually (not automatic) by an administrator every time you change your email address. This hasn't happened yet. And, honestly, I don't know who among the administrators is tasked to do this.
So, until my original email address is authorized, I have no choice but to log in under my new User ID if I want to read any of your and all others' posts which I did miss for several days.
To my brother (or sister) who just gave me or restored my old "5" rating, thanks so much! I have a strong gut feeling as to who you are but I'm not 100% sure.
It's not so much the honor that I'm after but much more so the feeling that at least there's some use for me in this forum. :;):
Today, I noticed that I can again read everyone's posts by logging in under my old User ID, "mjtuazon". If this was manually fixed by an Administrator, I'd like to express my sincere thanks and appreciation.
And now for my next experimentation: How to change my old User ID to my new (and preferred) User ID, "umannyt", using my old email address (mjtuazon@pacbell.net) rather than my new one (umannyt@gmail.com).
Hmmm, I wonder if there's a way. And if there is, I hope that I don't get messed up again. :;): ??? :laugh:
Hey Manny back in da house Go ahead and try to update the update, but it may be futile. Abakua is gonna be knockin on you nagen. At least this board is small enough for an administrator to fix/chekc things, but others fogedaboutit.