Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!
Hello all ... wanted to share a pic of the begining stages (and some others) of the Gon Bops California Series ... notice the staves on top and some congas waiting for the next step of the process that is seeming to be about 4 months from time of order to time of delivery.
More pics to come as they make progress on my Gon Bops CA's!
Michael Nathan
mrnathan@mac.com 408-623-3723 - C
510-490-3208 - O
510-490-3207 - F
Mail To:
47000 Warm Springs Blvd. Ste. 1 #447
Fremont, California 94539
On-Line:
http://www.CongaKing.com
Alafia CongaKing! I hope that you are well and in an abundance of wonderful blessings!
I totally forgot to post the pics of all three of my Gon Bops, since I now have the three. I actually received the SuperTumba replacement last month, May! Whew! They sound absolutely incredible Papa! As always, I changed the head on it and wow! Que Sonido! Also, I make sure my dog is nearby to keep them safe! Ha! Ha!
Ooops! That was the new skin I mounted on it, here is another shot of the drum itself....
Oh! BTW! Make sure to check the tiny little nails that come with them at the bottom. They hold the bottom ring on, a couple of them came loose when I was playing them, I just cut some other picture nails and used them instead.
Onile bro! nice very nice, Gon bops in the 21 st century. What are the measurements. ? did they keep with the tradiction with the odd sizes. Also I wonder if i can get the new logo to put on my old gon bop, the old ones are hard to come buy.
Alafia Abure Olsongo! ¡Espero que todo este bien contigo papa!
As for the sizes, so far the largest that they have is 13 1/4", 12 1/4", and inward from there. I'll tell you though, even if I hadn't changed the heads on them out of habit, the ones they came with sounded great all the same. They are sturdy and built for sound. I lean more towards the lower end of the sound spectrum, the bottom "bajo" in my tumbas, so that's why I got two Supertumbas and on Tumba. I tuned the Tumba up to a conga tone, and babe I get a mean slap out of it.
These are great drums! I'm not sure about the logo though, comunicate con ellos pa'vel si acaso te dan algunas!
Onile aqui pasandola suave. I am the same way I go low, in the future I am looking at getting the 12 1/4 " and the 11 1/4 I alredy have the vintage 13 1/4 and 10 1/4 , y cojiendo mucho polvo a requinto 9 3/4" which I am getting rid off.