"Hollywood By Meazzi" congas

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

"Hollywood By Meazzi" congas

Postby Kasper Bregenborg » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:40 pm

Hi all, I just bought these old beauties, as I gather, they are Italian, probably from the 70´ties. They are "Hollywood By Meazzi" - just under 32 inches high, and 10" & 11,5". Anyone with more info on these ? tips for restoring them ? The skins look fine, no cracks, and they actually sound very decent.

DSCF8056.jpg

DSCF8061.jpg

DSCF8057.jpg
Kasper Bregenborg

Re: "Hollywood By Meazzi" congas

Postby Thebreeze » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:56 pm

If I may, I would like to suggest that you keep them just as they are. Too many people decide to restore drums as the first thing on their to do list. Why not just enjoy them for now, and later if you decide you can take some minor steps to restore them somewhat. From what I see... they look great as they are with the Patina that they have now. Remember once you take the hardware off and sand these drums down, and refinish them you will never get that Patina back, it will be gone forever. These drums are completely original, and look fantastic as they are. If you must, I do see that some of the aluminum has gotten roughed up a little and the tuning bolts appear a little rusty? Maybe you can give this some attention .
Thebreeze

Postby Kasper Bregenborg » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:13 pm

Well, I have thought exactly the same. I love how they look now, but maybe just some light restoration to the metal parts. Thanks for suggesting !
It would be fun if someone had some history knowledge to this brand, I can find some info on their drum set manufacturing, but very little on the congas.
Kasper Bregenborg

Postby Mike » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:29 pm

Sorry, I don not possess any information, but to me the hardware is pretty clunky
and those drumslook somewhat Mexican in style. Sorry for being rude, but I do not
think they are worth tinkering with too much. By no means they are bad, TheBreeze is right, just play
and enjoy them as they are!
Peace & drum
Mike

Return to CongaSet and accessories