Conrad Kubiak and Spirit in the Wood Drums

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Conrad Kubiak and Spirit in the Wood Drums

Postby Greensail » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:32 pm

Hi All,
It pains me greatly to write this post but I am trying to move on. More than 3 years ago in October 2012, after numerous communications with Conrad Kubiak of Spirit in the Wood Drums, I sent him a (sadly) overly large deposit for 3 congas. As musicians and lovers of these great instruments, I mistakenly believed there was a high moral standing among us. As the years past, we had numerous conversations but in retrospect I realize many of the things he told me were direct lies. I did believe him when he told me about a number of issues with his operation and health which he said was the result on him working so hard (obviously though not on my drums). That's fine, I understand, things happen but then be honest and return my money. I also work about 60 hours a week and wished to use that labor to support an artisan as opposed to the large company and I believe he has damage all small artisans by is actions. I have now written off my money as stolen and feel I have little recourse. His http://www.spiritinthewood.com website is still up and I do not know if he is still actively trying to market or sell his drums. I just wanted to let the group know - BUYER BEWARE OF CONRAD KUBIAK AND SPIRIT IN THE WOOD DRUMS. He is not an honest man.
Greensail

Re: Conrad Kubiak and Spirit in the Wood Drums

Postby Psych1 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:14 pm

I am very sorry to hear about your bad experience and hope it gets resolved.

However, I do want to say here that my experience working with Conrad is the opposite of yours. I have found his work product to be excellent and his service the same.
Psych1

Re: Conrad Kubiak and Spirit in the Wood Drums

Postby Seneferu » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:28 am

I've talked with Conrad about 3-4 years ago. Never did business with him, though. Thanks for the heads up. Seneferu Khepera
Seneferu

Return to Open Discussion