RAUL CONGAS, MATCHING SET FROM BRAZIL

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Re: RAUL CONGAS, MATCHING SET FROM BRAZIL

Postby Jaisen Torres » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:33 pm

Omelenko1 wrote:What's going on brother Jaisen, you are the "source". Thanks for the comment, coming from a conga connesuer like you. These Raul Brazilian congas are really nice.

Un abrazo, mi broder!

Dario

que pasa manito , how you been ? i see you pulled another jewel out the box , these are nice as hell , you should cop them, i wish i could esa pipa wow i can only imagine how theyu sound.... take care negrito stay in touch .
un abrazo, jaisen.
Jaisen.
Jaisen Torres

Postby PaulKargez » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:12 pm

congabluedog wrote:Paul...could you post a pic of your Raul conga. When I lived in Seattle for 10 years I really had no $ at all to spend on drums. But John's Music started carrying the Rauls and I fell in love with them. They have the warmest tone I have ever heard on a conga drum. It must be the wood. I remember in the 90s he got about 20 of them and said they were the last ones that could be gotten. It killed me that I didn't have the $ then to buy a set. But I picked out 2 dif. sets for 2 of my good friends that still live out there. Anyway...I am a big fan. Beautiful drums Dario! Jacqui

Hi Jacqui- Sure enough. In my previous post I had called the Raul a conga; she is indeed a quinto. Be that as it may, here y'go. One of her and her cousin too. :D
Peace,
Paul
Attachments
BRaul.jpg
Bauer tumba Raul quinto.jpg
PaulKargez

Postby Mike » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:06 am

PaulKargez wrote:One of her and her cousin too. :D
Peace,
Paul

Paul, I bought a set like yours a while ago, and those congas sounded fantastic for sure,
very dry tones. The only thing that was putting me off just
a little was the comfort curve rim that seemed too weak, especially compared
to the otherwise beefy hardware. And the numerous cracks in the bottom of both drums
led me to believe I should not have bought them at all, so I returned them.

You read about cracking issues with Bauer´s cedro wood quite often, so I voted against
them and embarked on my journey to Gon Bops mahogany congas - not precisely what you
would call a crack-free enterprise :roll: :lol: :lol:
But the GBs stand a bit taller than the Raúls,so I feel more comfortable when playing.
At the end of the day it is just a matter of preference...

Anyways, enjoy your couple! Raúl rules :wink:
Peace & drum
Mike

Postby consciousnist » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:31 pm

Last edited by consciousnist on Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
consciousnist

Postby consciousnist » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:58 am

Last edited by consciousnist on Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
consciousnist

Postby Espresso » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:34 pm

Hi Consciousnist
You was very lucky to purchase this set for only 200 euro!!!!
Beautiful drums , Beautiful sound , Beautiful smell , here my Raul I purchased about 20 years ago and still smells of wood!!!!
I would find a conga and tumba to have a complete set.
Attachments
Immagine 027.jpg
Espresso

Postby Espresso » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:44 pm

Here a beautiful set of Raul I found on a German web site.
May be the owner is member here ?????
Attachments
Raul-2b.jpg
Espresso

Postby consciousnist » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:56 pm

Last edited by consciousnist on Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
consciousnist

Postby salzfaas » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:56 pm

great to see there are other Rauls out there.I have 2 that I made a friend buy 20 years ago from a shop in london. I couldn't afford them .they were 600 pounds very expensive back then.I have them as she has moved to usa and didn't play them.I also was given some bauer congas from about 5 years ago....... Not the same at all in Quality of sound. Ringing from the fiberglass inside and no rich thunderous deepness that the Rauls
produce.Shame the son who took over the Business was not really into congas like his dad. I also know that he shafted a few people in uk ,taking money and not delivering the goods which is never good for continuing business.The smell of these Rauls is so fantastic ,That every time I take them out of their cases, I have to stick my head in them and have a good sniff.If i did that with the Bauers I might keel over from toxic overload!!! The one thing I can say about the Bauers is that they are very loud and project very well , so good for loud salsa or Rock band.
salzfaas

Postby consciousnist » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:21 am

Last edited by consciousnist on Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
consciousnist

Postby Espresso » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:06 pm

Hi Consci......
Thank but looking for Raul not Bauer.
There are some offer on the web , but they ask too much,I hope to find a good deal like Yours!!!
But I have to say that Raul are very common in Germany, I think that Schalloch imported these drums in the past.
Espresso

Postby consciousnist » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:37 am

Last edited by consciousnist on Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
consciousnist

Postby consciousnist » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:29 pm

Last edited by consciousnist on Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
consciousnist

Postby KING CONGA » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:20 pm

consciousnist wrote:wanted to share some pics and description of that Bauer Conga that I got in between
but that has to wait now, as

I just found that matching Raul Quinto

yeeha. :D :D :D :D :D

it has been cheap beyond belief again, not that money matters at all when it comes
to musical intruments of this quality.
will come up with some pics and some more excitement once it is here.

baby I love you. :D

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
KING CONGA

Postby consciousnist » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:52 pm

Last edited by consciousnist on Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
consciousnist

PreviousNext

Return to CongaSet and accessories