VALJE CONGA & BONGO SET VALUE FOR TRADE?

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

VALJE CONGA & BONGO SET VALUE FOR TRADE?

Postby Kona » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:58 pm

Hi
I've posted my Valje congas here a few times for sale a couple of times. The drums are in excellent condition. I'm putting it out there to see what the 'experts' might feel my drums are worth in a trade. I have a person that is interested in trading some kit drums and hardware and we are trying to come up with a fare trade value for my drums. I'm thinking between $4500-$5000. Part of the value is because my kit is a complete set and one owner.

Your thoughts and comments please.

Thanks,
Gary
Attachments
VALJE CUSTOM LG1.JPG
VALJE QUINTO - CONGA - TUMBA - SUPERTUMBA - BONGOS
VALJES FRNT YARD JULY 12 0930 (Medium).jpg
THE DRUMS WERE ALL MADE HERE - IN TOM FLORES' SHOP IN L.A.
Kona

Re: VALJE CONGA & BONGO SET VALUE FOR TRADE?

Postby rhythmrhyme » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:47 pm

Hey Kona - I'll trade you straight across for my 5 ISLA drums!! :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:
I'll even drive up to your place to do the exchange :P
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana
rhythmrhyme

Postby Kona » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:55 pm

Thanks very much for the offer - I'm flatered. I'm trying to downsize and add to my kit collection (small things like snare drums and cymbals = easier to store) so I don't need more congas thanks. I do play all of my kit drums....most of the collection and I love to switch stuff out and mix things up. It will be hard to part with them but I don't play them much at all and it's a shame to just have them sit there. At one point they were stored for over a decade while I went back to school and changed careers. In the last 14 years I've played them maybe a dozen times if that. I'd love to see them go to a good home and be used and appreciated for what they are.
Thanks again for the offer though.

rhythmrhyme wrote:Hey Kona - I'll trade you straight across for my 5 ISLA drums!! :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:
I'll even drive up to your place to do the exchange :P
Kona

Postby rhythmrhyme » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:53 pm

You're a very gracious fellow! I was totally pulling yer leg with that one, it wouldn't even be close to a fair trade for you. :shock:
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana
rhythmrhyme

Postby Kona » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:37 pm

Thanks - shows how far I am from the conga drum scene.

rhythmrhyme wrote:You're a very gracious fellow! I was totally pulling yer leg with that one, it wouldn't even be close to a fair trade for you. :shock:
Kona

Postby KING CONGA » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:04 pm

My friend Andy told me that he had a set of old congas, had no idea what brand they were, "Probably not very good" he said.
Said he wanted me to re finish them so that he can start learning a little. So I said, "Sure bring them down so I can look at them and tell you if they are any good :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll:
Just droped these of at my house :o :o :o :o :o :o ARE YOU KIDING!!!!!!!!! pair of vintage Valjes!!!!
Im trying to convince him to send them to Ralph Flores for a full restoration, $300.00 each.
Not sure if he can afford it now.
Im trying desperatly to convince him to sell them to me :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Will keep you posted.
Cheers
K.C.
Attachments
20131230_124903.jpg
20131230_124837.jpg
20131230_124804.jpg
20131230_124931.jpg
KING CONGA

Postby Seneferu » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:37 pm

Sweet drums! May want to save up the money to have them properly restored by Ralph Flores. They are definitely worth it. You don't too many vintage Valjes come along that often.
Seneferu

Return to CongaSet and accessories