Gold hardware - on the decline?

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Do you own percussion instruments with gold hardware?

Yes
26%
No
35%
Never have
19%
Not any longer
19%

Total votes : 31

Re: Gold hardware - on the decline?

Postby Mike » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:27 am

Anyway, I am not sure if I like the black mirror hardware finish.
A bit more than gold, but chrome (or even brushed stainless steel
is still the winner for me.
Each to his own though.
Peace & drum
Mike

Postby rhythmrhyme » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:21 pm

I had a set of gold LP's Giovanni Galaxy congas for years. They did their job really well and I liked them when I got them. Lot's of people seemed to have an issue with the hardware though, but it didn't really matter to me. They were set up with good heads and sounded great.

Everything I have now is chrome and I have 2 drums with black anodized hardware from SOS. I like the mat finish of the anodized hardware, funny thing is that people seem to underestimate what the drums actually are because the hardware isn't shiny - sort of like they're "dressed down". Suits me just fine :D
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana
rhythmrhyme

Postby Marcus » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:43 pm

I have the blackened hardware on my new generation marianos and some rockin dark skins from Manito. I like the darker hardware, dark skin and dark wood look. I would even go with unpolished stainless steel in the future. Never seen the anodized hardware though. Just my tastes.

marcus
Marcus

Postby caballoballo » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:07 pm

Saludo, sweat from the hands deteriorate the gold hardware finish. That is what I seen. I either use Chrome, SS or black hardware, to me it does not matter. Congas, Bongos & Timbales are meant to be play.
Josean
caballoballo

Previous

Return to CongaSet and accessories