New LP Patatos

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

New LP Patatos

Postby torpedo tom » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:17 pm

Sometime back Onile posted that he was starting his Patato collection again after selling his red ones. Now, after receiving my two tumbas, I can understand where he is coming from. I love these drums and can hardly wait to get the quinto and conga. These drums really project, sound good, look good and the Hand Picked heads are working for me as well. Anyone who is thinking of new drums should highly consider the Patatos.
torpedo tom

Re: New LP Patatos

Postby KING CONGA » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:44 pm

Greetings torpedo tom
I had the chance to play a Red Patato last Saturday, I loved it!!
Afew years back I visited onile, a forum member, in Arizona who had the Quinto Conga and Tumba, he had changed the skins to mule and let me tell you, CHULADA!!!!, beautiful sound.
I really would like at least the Conga and Tumba.
There is a local pawn shop selling a mixed color set in great shape for $450.00
post some pictures for us conga junkies whenever you can.
Take care.

K.C.
KING CONGA

Postby torpedo tom » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:05 pm

I will post pics as soon as I get the other two drums. I drive a truck and am working in south-central Texas and living in my 24 ft camper trailer. You talk about close with the two tumbas in the middle of the floor, but hey, I will do whatever it takes to have these bad boys within easy reach at all times. It will really be close with the quinto and conga. The ladies will just have to get over it. First things first. Stay tuned for the pics. King' I got a couple of CPs and they are pretty much bad boys themselves. Thanks for the post. TT
torpedo tom

Postby onile » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:50 am

Alafia Abures Mi!
I hope that you are all well and abundantly blessed!

As for my Patatos, well what can I say.......I missed the red ones after selling them to a great home back in NY, but I've been revived with another set! I did a gig this past weekend with them, and well......if you can't laugh at yourself, you can't laugh at anything..
Brother TorpedoTom, you made a great choice with the Patatos, you won't regret it! Enjoy them!
Brother KingConga, I have very fond memories of you and your primo visiting back then, enjoyed your company! Stay well!

WeeeePaaaa!
Attachments
8526970474_80edd53e25_c.jpg
Que Nsambi les acutare pa' siempre!
onile

Postby joaozinho » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:05 am

I both a pair of used red ones today,they are amazing drums,so good projection,they have a especial melodic quality,i'm very happy with them
Last edited by joaozinho on Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
joaozinho

Postby torpedo tom » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:18 am

onile wrote:Alafia Abures Mi!

As for my Patatos, well what can I say.......I missed the red ones after selling them to a great home back in NY, but I've been revived with another set! I did a gig this past weekend with them, and well......if you can't laugh at yourself, you can't laugh at anything..
Brother TorpedoTom, you made a great choice with the Patatos, you won't regret it! Enjoy them!
Brother KingConga, I have very fond memories of you and your primo visiting back then, enjoyed your company! Stay well!

WeeeePaaaa!

My lady-friend said "I like the black ones" and I did too, but had my heart set on red ones and could not be happier. They are amazing drums. You look like you are having a great time. Take care, TT.
torpedo tom

Postby joaozinho » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:29 am

My new used patatos, with new skins and some tissue to stop the ring and overtones and they sound and look fantastic for 500 bucks,wood is rounder and warmer,but patatos are just GREAT!!
Attachments
imagens novas 1 005.jpg
joaozinho

Postby torpedo tom » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:35 pm

Sweet! Those look like they are in great shape.
torpedo tom

Postby joaozinho » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:08 pm

Yes they are,I'm very happy,they had used skins and the sound was not very good,lot's of ring and overtones but with new skins they are just perfect :wink:
joaozinho

Postby congamyk » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:24 am

those are nice. good score.

Onile those new black drums are sharp as an arrow.
you always gots the good stuff!
congamyk

Postby Omelenko1 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:21 pm

Onile, mi socio. Did you order them with traditional crowns? I like them much better that way.

Abrazos.
Omelenko1

Postby torpedo tom » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:25 pm

The other day I was up close and personal with my new Patatos and noticed that one of the crowns had the size stamped in it. X12 1/2" is stamped only on one of them. I also noticed that the boxes they came in were different, one looked older than the other, so which drum is the newer model the stamped one or the not stamped one? Doesn't make any difference, just curious.
torpedo tom

Postby RitmoBoricua » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:29 pm

One way to tell is by the LP badge/logo. The attached photos have the current logo and
the one before. Keep in mind the LP logo have changed thru the years a few times, I
just attached photos of the current logo and the previous one. Onile Patato's look
really sharp with the traditional crowns.
Attachments
Current LP Patato Model.png
Current Logo on Patato Conga
Older Patato Model.jpg
Patato Congas With Older Logo
RitmoBoricua

Postby onile » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:04 pm

Alafia Abures Mi!

Abure Congamyk, thanks for the compliment, I totally love nice, clean and sweat sounding equipment.....I see that you do too with your collection of instruments! BTW! I missed the opportunity to purchase YOUR set of Black Patatos, they were really a great looking set as well!

Abure Omelenko 1, espero que todo este bien contigo Papa! I actually purchased the "traditional crowns" separately. I had to, in order to use my Sennheiser e604 mics on them. When I first got the Patatos, I took them out on a gig using the comfort crowns, and the mics continued to fall off....ugh! Besides, I totally love the traditional look of them this way.
I'm waiting for my 4th Patato Tumbadora, which should arrive this week! I already have the Remo Synthetic head, so I need to order the traditional crown next. Here is the place where I ordered all 3 Tumbadoras for $419 ea.

http://www.musicpower.com/itemdesc.asp? ... P552X-1BK#

Stay Well!
Onile!
Que Nsambi les acutare pa' siempre!
onile

Postby torpedo tom » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:09 am

RitmoBoricua wrote:One way to tell is by the LP badge/logo. The attached photos have the current logo and
the one before. Keep in mind the LP logo have changed thru the years a few times, I
just attached photos of the current logo and the previous one. Onile Patato's look
really sharp with the traditional crowns.

Mine are thee new badges. It's just that one crown was stamped with the size and the other one wasn't and the boxes were different. Other than that, they are the same. No big deal, was just wondering.
torpedo tom

Next

Return to CongaSet and accessories