Totico - Rare Rumba Video Clips....

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Totico - Rare Rumba Video Clips....

Postby Jaisen Torres » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:35 am

Totico at armandos rumbas in Washington heights... REALLY Rare shhh . singing & playing quinto... IBAYE IBAYE TOTICO EUGENIO ARRANGO...

http://youtu.be/c_3l3Uwvdxs

http://youtu.be/rxGzutUUGR8
Jaisen.
Jaisen Torres

Re: Totico - Rare Rumba Video Clips....

Postby JohnnyConga » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:35 pm

I among others started a friday night 'Armando's Rumba' (back in 1972-74 in the Bronx) who had a place where we gathered on Friday nights just for Rumba it lasted for over 30 years until Armando passed a few years ago...this is where we honed our Rumba skills..Willie "El Ruso" Everich, Me , Chano Rodriguez(RIP), Armando and others ....unfortunatly we didnt have the forsight to record those early Rumba days...so to see the video above was great ..to see Armando(glasses and mustache) Totico and others...Tks!..
JohnnyConga

Postby ABAKUA » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:15 am

Great estoff meng! 8) Wouldve loved to have been there throwing down.
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby docarroyo » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:32 pm

Wow Beautiful I was taken to this Rumba once pre 1978. Didnt play but sung and drank a few brews great time. I also went to a place that was Kakos for a private celebration Toque I didnt play but went to school again pre 1978 I dont think any videos exist of these sessions but maybe audio they were FANATASTIC learning experiences and closed to outsiders. Any body else?
docarroyo

Postby Jaisen Torres » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:08 pm

John , Ismael , y Marcello , glad you enjoyed the throw back...
john that's cool I remember armondo & his rumbas uptown, in fact I have a lot of old footage on camcorder of them rumbas even when los munequitos played up there back in the days...
these days Brecht forum & Central Park & a few nite clubs in harlem is where its at. I miss the rumbas on a 109 & 3rd ave every sunday that was happening , but the cops are real flakey these days...
I remember the last time I played with Totico was at his birthday in ocha at his house in the Bronx ,matter of fact I think your boy willie was there , wich I also have on camcorder we had a coockout & had a nasty rumba for a good 6 plus hours on his junior tirado drums in fact his wife sunee took mad pictures of us getting it in cause she was working on writing a biography book on him , I miss him dearly ,ibaye... I have known totico since I been a toddler he was a close friend like family with my grandparents. he was one of a kind... que Dios lo tenga en la Gloria...
Jaisen.
Jaisen Torres

Return to CongaSet and accessories