Meinl Pro Series Tumba

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Meinl Pro Series Tumba

Postby torpedo tom » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:14 pm

I have really been wanting a set of(3 or 4) red Patatos for some time now and have posted numerous comments about them. Today after I got home from "deep in the heart of Texas" (11 hour drive), I set my three Meinls, quinto, conga, and tumba up with my CP conga to make a 4pc. set. I was really impressed with the sound of the Meinls, which was way better than I remembered and was ok with the CP, but it did not sound anything like the others, but I did like having a fourth drum. Now I'm really thinking about buying another Meinl Tumba and forgetting about the LPs. I know that this is no big deal, but I wish I could find a Meinl tumba with an old style badge instead of the new style. I do not need or am good enough for two drums, let alone four, but I just want another one. I only play here at home so what difference does it make. Thanks for reading and commenting. TT
torpedo tom

Re: Meinl Pro Series Tumba

Postby Kaban » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:04 pm

Go for it TT, life is short, enjoy your drums and your life.
Kaban

Re: Meinl Pro Series Tumba

Postby torpedo tom » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:04 pm

After writing the above post, I got on ebay and saw that Musicians Friend had two red Patato tumbas and were giving a good discount plus free shipping and I pulled the trigger on them. Just couldn't help myself. They arrived today and I could not be more pleased. After tuning them up and playing a bit I really am pleased. The heads sound good to me, the slaps are loud and crisp, the bass notes are low and the opens also have a very nice tone. The overtones seem to be minimal. Not much ring at all. The one thing I didn't expect was how small the bottoms are. I thought they would be about the same size as my Meinl Pros, but I think they are smaller. Not a problem though. After the income taxes are finished, I will be ordering the quinto and conga to complete the set. All in all, I am really diggin' the sound. Just wanted to share. Thanks, TT
torpedo tom

Return to CongaSet and accessories