New LP Congas's

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

New LP Congas's

Postby musiqman » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:53 pm

I was at the MusikMesse last month and stumbled in to these. They are called the Highline series and will cost around $990 if I'm right (quint, conga and stand, no tuba will be made)

They came in 3 different finishes, from witch I found these the nicest of them all with the nickel hardware.
musiqman

Re: New LP Congas's

Postby Kaban » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:50 am

Will they replace the other beginner line? Did you play them, if yes, was it good? Do tell.
Kaban

Postby musiqman » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:29 am

I dont know if they are replacing a line. Nor do I know if they are a European only release.

What i do know is that i played them for over 15 minutes. On a booth.... I loved the sound. Looking to the pro hardware (exactly the same as the 30th Giovanni's) and sound (especiay with the Remo's) I think these are absolutely a winner.

Cant wait to see them in stores and get a set.
musiqman

Postby KING CONGA » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:03 pm

If you are considering these take a good look at the hardware, it does not seam to be very good, kinda like ASPIRES.
KING CONGA

Postby musiqman » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:16 pm

For the stand yes, for the other hardware, just the same as the top line. I think its in the wood that reduces the price.
musiqman

Postby Mike » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:34 pm

Wood? Are you sure? THey look like fiberglass to me.

Plus the fact that they offer only that odd "quinto" (probably 10") and "conga" (possibly 11"?) combo makes me a bit suspicious
if this is not in reality the new "Aspire in disguise"...
Peace & drum
Mike

Postby musiqman » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:26 pm

They are wood indeed. And even if it is the new Aspire. they upgrade the shell hardware, hands and improved the sound and playing feel significant.
musiqman

Postby musiqman » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:36 pm

They are wood indeed. And even if it is the new Aspire. they upgrade the shell hardware, hands and improved the sound and playing feel significant.
musiqman

Postby RitmoBoricua » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:12 pm

musiqman wrote:They are wood indeed. And even if it is the new Aspire. they upgrade the shell hardware, hands and improved the sound and playing feel significant.

If you like the drums and is what you want nothing wrong with that you can rest assured that is not the drum that makes the player is the other way around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFUMJtIB6d4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvkzZiwlbDc
RitmoBoricua

Postby musiqman » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:25 pm

I couldn't agree more!
musiqman

Postby KING CONGA » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:20 pm

RitmoBoricua wrote:
musiqman wrote:They are wood indeed. And even if it is the new Aspire. they upgrade the shell hardware, hands and improved the sound and playing feel significant.

If you like the drums and is what you want nothing wrong with that you can rest assured that is not the drum that makes the player is the other way around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFUMJtIB6d4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvkzZiwlbDc

I would never advise anybody to buy a set of drums with cheap hardware.
IMHO, The hardware on those drums looks just like ASPIRE hardware wich is the worst, notice the thickness on the crown and the diameter of those tuning lugs.
Also, no one would offer a good set of congas with that quality stand, again, the stand looks ASPIRE as well.
I made the mistake once of buying a set of drums with this type, quality, of hardware, I had no one to advise me and wish I would have never wasted my money on them.
Do yourself a favor and use the money on a used set of Matadors or LP Classics.
my 2 cts.
Cheers
K.C.
KING CONGA

Postby musiqman » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:29 pm

In sorry but really... Where you at the Messe? Because it sure seems like it, reading your quite defensive positioning. I had several Lp's over the years and I know what im talking about. And I played on them an compared the build. This is a very good set with (probably) cheaper wood but still a great sound (compared to the Hidalgo's)

Besides that. I nor anyone else didnt recomended to buy them. And Ritmo just highlighted the fact that its all about playing not equipment.
musiqman

Postby p.a.dogs1 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:47 pm

Why does everybody think that 990 dollars are a cheap price for a set of 10" and 11"?

p.a.dogs1
p.a.dogs1

Postby onile » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:28 pm

Girls! Girls! Girls! Let's calm down, or I'll have to ask you all to take your toys and go home!

Okay, let's take a look at things here, the stand in the 1st picture of the new drums looks quite a bit like the stand that is sold out here in the States with the Apire set of drums: It's a new "slide mount" stand (1st picture).

Check out the crowns, they appear quite similar to the Aspires, which are rather thick and flat in shape.
Compare it to the Comfort Curve Rim II, and you'll see the difference in construction, much more of a curve (2nd picture).

A further look at the crown, and drum known as Aspire out here in the States, and possibly abroad. (3rd picture).

The new "slide mount" conga stand sold by LP for the Aspire models. (4th picture).

The new "double slide mount" conga stand sold by LP for the rest of their drums, I guess you could mount a set of Aspires on these, who's to say, I don't think that the Conga Police will hunt you down for it. Either way, it's just what is seen in the picture, you were there, and we weren't, you played them, we didn't, we see Aspire all over the place in that picture, you.....well, I don't know exactly what you see, but it's just a difference of opinion, no need to start World War III! For the record, I actually like the "new" look for the drums, Aspires or not! Thanks for sharing!

Let's all take a deep breath, ooooops! I farted, carry on!
Attachments
get.jpg
thumbnail.aspx.jpg
thumbnail.aspx.jpg (5.6 KiB) Viewed 14804 times
get3.jpg
Products54569-1200x1200-618072.jpg
get1.jpg
get1.jpg (4.11 KiB) Viewed 14805 times
Que Nsambi les acutare pa' siempre!
onile

Postby Thebreeze » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:46 am

musiqman....You did not mention if the price of $ 990 will be U.S. Dollars, and if that is the "LIST" price? That could make a significant difference on the Out The Door Price. Just wondering....
I do like the look of the drums with the 4 bands, and it's too bad that a Tumba will not be available. That might only draw the interest of a smaller group of players being that a Tumba is such a requirement to many Congeros.

Thanks for sharing this, it's very interesting.
Thebreeze

Next

Return to CongaSet and accessories