Anonimo / Leedy / Cuco

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Anonimo / Leedy / Cuco

Postby bongosnotbombs » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:20 am

So it appears as if Leedy / Cuco has changed his name to Anonimo and is going back and deleting all of his posts.
bongosnotbombs

Re: Anonimo / Leedy / Cuco

Postby rhythmrhyme » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:38 am

Oh well, we all need purpose in our life. Perhaps this forum is his calling and he's now without direction. I'd be gentle with the guy. From some of his posts, and others, it sounds like he has had some heavy personal losses over the last year and struggles with some medical/pain conditions. It would be a shame to see another witch hunt on this forum, it's beneath you all. :oops:
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana
rhythmrhyme

Postby Thomas Altmann » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:52 am

I am with rhythmrhyme, although Cuco would never admit that the forum was his calling. He would even be too proud to accept to be Mr. Needy in any way. I think he is a great musician who is facing the afflictions of age, but still lacking the recognition for his achievements beyond the peak of his creative career. I'm not sure whether an internet forum could ever fill that gap, but perhaps his tone might be better orchestrated in the latinjazz group.

I feel that I always got along with Cuco pretty well, in spite of his often unpleasant manners. I was trying to point out to him that his popularity suffered more from his idea of communication - certainly not from a lack of knowledge! Well, accepting advice doesn't seem to be fine for everybody. I was still getting his facebook invitations, but I am not going to deal with this superficial network stuff. So Cuco, if you read this, it's nothing personal if I don't join.

Guys, we are all getting older. Dealing with age is an art, too. As some say; getting old is not for cowards ...

Thomas
Thomas Altmann

Postby Dicemanb » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:11 pm

I agree with you TA, and was a bit disturbed by the witch hunt that precipitated him pulling out of the forum.

I always found him full of great knowledge, insights and was willing to share both on a personal and professional level, but didn't deal with criticism or disagreement too well, but then we all react in different ways, humour always being the best way.

I learned a lot from him, and personally would like to see him back under whatever title he chooses, and maybe with a little more humility. Something we should all consider sometimes.

My two cents
Dice
Dicemanb

Postby niallgregory » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:38 pm

I think some people are forgetting how abusive and pig ignorant the man was towards other posters on this forum :oops: not to mention a racist , if the shoe was on the other foot and i was behaving like him on this forum i would expect a lifetime ban . Its a shame because he has decades of experience and seems to know latin percussion instruments inside out but would NEVER listen to the opinions of anyone else especially us " white guys " . Good riddance .
niall gregory
niallgregory

Postby pcastag » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:48 pm

I could tolerate his insults it was when he fraudulently tried to defame gon Bop that i got bit weirded out. I mean an old curmudgeon is just that , take it with a grain of salt, but to purposely go out of your way to defame a company was kind of a trip to me.
Pc
PC
pcastag

Postby Derbeno » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:55 am

I believe he threatened legal action to shut down the site unless his posts were removed. Quite a venture since this site is Italian owned and not hosted in NuYok!

Don't know why the obsession to remove his traces. Seems like he found a more elegant way, so good luck to him, perhaps having all his posts deleted may bring him some inner peace.

Forgot to mention that I was placed on his 'watch list' for crossing swords with him. hahhaa. I must admit he did bring some humour albeit unintended.
Echale candela, p'afinar los cueros
Derbeno

Postby rhythmrhyme » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:07 am

I guess the other solution is to politely ask abaqua to delete his profile... I did this with my previous handle and within a day everything I had ever posted was gone. I'm guessing that the administrator has a simple "delete" button, sure would save a lot of clicking :? especially if your profile had a few hundred posts :!:
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana
rhythmrhyme

Postby Omelenko1 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:23 pm

Let's not forget we are all humans here and therefore not perfect, Faustino (Cuco) took criticism to an extreme and some people rubbed him the wrong way, on the other end, the man was always willing to help anyone with a question or a problem.
He knows his stuff, having worked at Casa Latina in "El Barrio" and being around that NYC latin hot stove. He has to control his emotions and not be so intense, I think in the end he meant well and offered lots of knowledge.

Dario
Omelenko1

Postby niallgregory » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:47 pm

Omelenko1 wrote:Let's not forget we are all humans here and therefore not perfect, Faustino (Cuco) took criticism to an extreme and some people rubbed him the wrong way, on the other end, the man was always willing to help anyone with a question or a problem.
He knows his stuff, having worked at Casa Latina in "El Barrio" and being around that NYC latin hot stove. He has to control his emotions and not be so intense, I think in the end he meant well and offered lots of knowledge.

Dario

Please tell me how someone who means well can be so abusive towards other posters ? An he gave criticism to a greater extreme than he ever took it , i will post up the extremely offensive pm,s for you and others to see if you like . I understand the guy new his shit big time when it came me to Latin Percussion but there was absolutely no need to be such an asshole about it . And there was lots of subjects he new NOTHING about but was never willing to concede this , he would get incredibly defensive about it rather than admit it might not have been his field of expertise .
niall gregory
niallgregory

Postby RitmoBoricua » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:21 pm

Omelenko1 wrote:Let's not forget we are all humans here and therefore not perfect, Faustino (Cuco) took criticism to an extreme and some people rubbed him the wrong way, on the other end, the man was always willing to help anyone with a question or a problem.

Dario

True Dat. He still helping folks with drums just check out his facebook.
RitmoBoricua

Return to Open Discussion