Review of the Meinl's Luis Conte Congas?

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Re: Review of the Meinl's Luis Conte Congas?

Postby JL Encarnacion » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:09 am

niallgregory wrote:
JL Encarnacion wrote:Thank you mrhands, nice video and great playing. The problem is that Remo discontinued that model of Fiberskyns, now they only make the new ones that have like a green fabric glued, those were brown in the border and I don't know why they stop making themm :?

I haven't bought the congas yet, first I was researching about quality and head replacement before buying them. I'm a crimplock symmetry Skyndeep fan, so I hope I could use them with the Luis Conte. Thank you again!!

Just to let you know the heads on the lc models i have played where very good .

Thank you Gregory!
JL Encarnacion

Postby maelopr » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:11 am

Just so you know, I have 3 LCs, 2 tumba & 1 conga...and got 3 Skyndeep mounted on them, fit just fine & great sound.

Saludos!
¡ ECUA JEY !
maelopr

Postby niallgregory » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:42 pm

JL Encarnacion wrote:
niallgregory wrote:
JL Encarnacion wrote:Thank you mrhands, nice video and great playing. The problem is that Remo discontinued that model of Fiberskyns, now they only make the new ones that have like a green fabric glued, those were brown in the border and I don't know why they stop making themm :?

I haven't bought the congas yet, first I was researching about quality and head replacement before buying them. I'm a crimplock symmetry Skyndeep fan, so I hope I could use them with the Luis Conte. Thank you again!!

Just to let you know the heads on the lc models i have played where very good .

Thank you Gregory!

My name is Niall :D
niall gregory
niallgregory

Postby JL Encarnacion » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:11 am

Thank you my friends. I'm asking because I don't have any experience with Meinl, I always used LP.
Also I want to ask you what is the difference between the Luis Conte congas and the Marathon congas, I saw both are the same wood and construction, the only difference I could notice in the specs is Luis Conte hoop is stronger. What do you think?!
JL Encarnacion

Postby JL Encarnacion » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:59 am

maelopr wrote:Just so you know, I have 3 LCs, 2 tumba & 1 conga...and got 3 Skyndeep mounted on them, fit just fine & great sound.

Saludos!

Saludos Maelo, te deje un mensaje. Me avisas y gracias!
JL Encarnacion

Postby SpEd » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:02 am

The hardware on the LC's were the draw for me.
SpEd

Postby maelopr » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:03 pm

I've had mine for about a year or so and had taken them out for a few gigs, one being w/a big band and found they more than up to the task, I was very pleased with the sound...would definitely recommend, especially for the price.
¡ ECUA JEY !
maelopr

Postby electric_angel » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:47 am

mr hands, can i ask what the track is you're playing along to? love your groove btw.
electric_angel

Postby Ebongo » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:31 pm

Measure the inside diameter and the height of each crown, and Remo customer service would search for the compatible heads.

JL Encarnacion wrote:Anyone knows exactly which Remo head fit to this Mein Luis Conte 11 3/4" & 12 1/2". Remo chart does not have them listed. Thank you again!
Ebongo

Previous

Return to CongaSet and accessories