Bomba/Barril/Buleador/Subidor Questions

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Bomba/Barril/Buleador/Subidor Questions

Postby Killak » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:26 am

I'm getting into the bomba rythms. However unlink congas, barriles are nowhere near as easy to find. I'm considering attempting to make my own drum because of the high cost of getting a master drum maker to make one for me or getting one shipped here from puerto rico. I've noticed some members here have made their own drums. Those who went this route where did you get the hardware? i.e. the ring and bracket that holds down the skin? the skin itself? the hooks and bolts to tune the skin? the rubber protective thing that goes on the bottom? Also where did you find a rum barrel? Quick google searches show that apparently there is a secondary market for these things as people use them for planters and such so the price plus shipping seems to be around 200 bucks in many cases which defeats the purpose of trying to do it myself.

Any leads or insight would be very much appreciated. Thanks.
Killak

Re: Bomba/Barril/Buleador/Subidor Questions

Postby tamboricua » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:36 pm

Killak,

Where do you live?

Saludos,

JG
tamboricua

Postby Killak » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:58 pm

NYC
Killak

Postby tamboricua » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:41 pm

Killak wrote:NYC

Then look out in your area for:

Juan Cartagena & Segunda Quimbamba

Tato Torres & Yerbabuena

Alex LaSalle & Alma Moyo

Any of them should be able to point you into the right direction.

Hope this helps!!!

JG
tamboricua

Postby Killak » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:58 pm

Thanks for the info.
Killak

Postby tamboricua » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:23 pm

Killak wrote:Thanks for the info.

No problem, anytime!!!

Best,

JG
tamboricua

Postby Mr. Conga » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:24 pm

CHECK EBAY FROM TIME TO TIME SOME BOMBEROS POST BARRILES HAND MADE DRUMS....THERE IS A MAN IN CHICAGO I THINK THAT MAKES THEM NCECE AND AFORDABLE, HIS NICK NAME IS PAPO FROM THE EAST COAST, THEN THERE IS ANOTHER MAN IN P.R PAPO DEL VALLE I THINK BUT HE TAKES A LONG TIME TO MAKE ONE, AND PRICY.....

I WOULD HAVE BOUGH THE ONE LISTED BELOW, STARING PRICE WAS $ 125.OO +25.00 SHIPPING
AWASOME DEAL FOR A HANDE MADE BOMBA DRUM...ONLY THING IS THAT IT DOSENT HAVE THE BANDS, IF YOU LIKE BANDS CALY AT J.C.R CAN PUT THEM ON PROBABLY $25.00 A BAND WITH HI, IN THE BRONX. YOU NEED ONLY 4 ON A BARRIL, THE CLASSIC STYLE.

BUT I RECOMEND TRYING TO GET THE DEAL BELOW, IF I GET THE PERSONS CONTACT INFO I WILL MESSAGE YOU.
SUPER DEAL! THE LOWEST PRICE I HAVE SEEN ON A FINISH BOMBA DRUM... + STURDY PRO HARDWARE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bomba drum head diameter 12.50. Drum height 24 inches. Good for primo . Maker papo rosado . N. Y.C wooden saim oak . Round comfort handmade rim wraped with goat skin. Dark brown goat head. Sounds great and looks good.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320804445261?ss ... 1436.l2649
Mr. Conga

Postby tamboricua » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:56 am

Couple of "torniquete", and one "cáncamo" tuning style Bomba drums for sale in Puerto Rico.

http://www.clasificadosonline.com/UDMis ... er=4161084

Hope this helps!!!

JG
tamboricua

Return to Open Discussion