L&H Percussion

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

L&H Percussion

Postby msb501clave » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:55 am

Just thought I would put up some photos of some of the latest stuff that I cut.

Michael
(908) 419-7364
http://www.landhpercussion.com
Check Out Our Facebook Page ( There is a nice photo with me and Gio )
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#%21/pages/LH-Percussion/119069331463995
Attachments
DSCN1075.JPG
Fairly Thin Goat .5mm-.8mm $15 per 14" Round
DSCN1077.JPG
(2) Bleached Cow Rounds Aprox 2.5mm-3mm thick only 2 left but can always get more.....
DSCN1078.JPG
Latest Mule cut from same animal 2.2mm
msb501clave

Re: L&H Percussion Blog Post 3.14.11 Worth a read

Postby msb501clave » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:29 am

msb501clave

Re: L&H Percussion

Postby KING CONGA » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:48 pm

I just got the skins for the TIMBA bongos, they look very uniform. I cant wait to mount them. Will post pictures.
KING CONGA

Postby No.2-1820 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:07 am

Quick update on my skins, I've played my valje quinto and smithy tumba quite a lot lately as I've had a shorter work schedule. They are both topped with L+H mules, the quinto is really starting to open up, very nice sounding, definitely a great fit. The tumba which I wasn't so sure about is also starting to break in nicely, you really have to have patience with new skins and give them time to settle.
I will be calling for something for my Valje conga this week.
nice one Mike.

Barrie
No.2-1820

Postby valde002 » Mon May 30, 2011 9:54 pm

Update on my L and H conga heads too since cutting them last October. They definitely make a difference with the sound, I can tell now that the weather in SC is more humid. They should come standard on the LP drums to do them justice. My Salsa Conga drums are not the same product that I received originally- they are now more like what I wanted when I ordered them. Great job Mike! Sean V.
valde002

Postby msb501clave » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:34 am

Fathers Day Specials. Bongo skins normally 25USD plus shipping now for a limited time 20USD plus shipping. Thats 5 bucks off retail. Stock up! thick or thin...

I also have some seconds in the 2mm 14" rounds that would be ok for some uses ( they have some variation in thickness more than acceptable as a high end product) 10USD plus shipping

I also have some 14" goat ( 6 or 8 rounds) that is about .5mm. My error can be your gain... too thin for bongo but great for other applications. I bought smaller animals than i wanted and as such they yield thinner than i wanted....

ALSO one 22" round right about 1.2mm cut for special order that never was made good on... so their loss could be your gain...nice brown color 2 macho skins or whatever you may need it for.... 45USD plus shipping...

Thanks for all the kind words and all the support. I don't get out here too much anymore so when i do its nice to see happy players...

mari e laipe

Michael
L&H Percussion
(908) 419-7364
www.landhpercussion.com
Find us on facebook!
msb501clave

Postby msb501clave » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:29 pm

Hello - Long time no post. I thought it was time to put out a public update on the state of things with L&H. As some of you know we had production issues coupled with importing problems which stopped my work for a long time. I then decided to take the summer off play some music, focus on my family and my 3 yr old son which was wonderful. As luck would have it i made a decision to move inventory to a shared space in a basement of a local office park and was working on getting things going I had drums that i was putting new heads on some great product and THEN Sandy ! We lost power and lost the Pump... and wet nasty crap was all i was left with.... along with 10 days no power at my home and a bunch of other issues that you guys dont need to be bored with ive decided that for the remainder of this yr and probably Q1 '13 i am going to evaluate the losses of the last month as well as from the very beginning of the Co. and weigh the ROI... its a hard choice and while i may loose some traction its what i need to do to come back better with most likely a different Biz model but not a sacrifice in product quality or service... well maybe the 9 pm Sunday night calls or the 2am overseas calls will be pushed off... Thanks happy holidays!
msb501clave

Postby Mike » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:56 pm

Michael, now that´s a tough one with all that bl***y damage by Sandy.
I wish you enough strength to carry on!
All the best for you and your family
-Mike

BTW your mule skins are getting most of my playing time on my vintage LP congas.
Simply an awesome combination on these working horses.
Peace & drum
Mike

Postby Congarranza » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:44 pm

Hey Mike!

Hope your holiday season went well. I work retail so my holiday vacation just started. I am looking forward to your company getting back out of the water and on some dry land.

On behalf of this global forum, we wish you the best of luck. Post the forum when you are ready for our phone calls!

--
Oscar.Carranza
Congarranza

Return to Open Discussion