RAUL CONGAS, MATCHING SET FROM BRAZIL

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

RAUL CONGAS, MATCHING SET FROM BRAZIL

Postby Omelenko1 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:11 pm

Raul congas from 1985. These were part of an exhibit at the Brazilian consulate. Have never been played, have been sitting around for 25 years. Raul Percussion, the original brand, is Bauer Percussion today. These are the most beautiful well made congas, the wood is Brazilian rose cedar which is very exotic and beautiful. They have a factory gel coating on top of the wood for protection. These congas have an incredible sound, have never been played and have the original heads on them, which have not been used. They are being offered 4 sale, reasonable. Email me privately with your best offer or call me.

Dario (305) 807-7421

"Founded by two friends, Paulo Bauer – one of the best toolmakers that Brazil has ever seen – and Raul Serpeloni – a percussionist and craftsman who was very respected in the Brazilian music scene – this company began its production in the Brin-Plas factory, in 1984, with the initial name of Raul instruments de Percussão.
It was the first factory in Brazil to develop instruments and hardware for drums with the type of quality and design unseen before in the country. In January 1995, Raul left the company and moved out of Sao Paolo, where the company continued building fine instruments with the founder Paulo Bauer and his children: Ricardo and Adriana Bauer.
MVC-478S.JPG
"
MVC-476S.JPG
MVC-475S.JPG
MVC-477S.JPG
sdfg_014.JPG
sdfg_014.JPG (23.76 KiB) Viewed 18208 times
Last edited by Omelenko1 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omelenko1

Re: RAUL CONGAS, MATCHING SET FROM BRAZIL

Postby bongosnotbombs » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:24 pm

Ooh, very nice set. Looks like a quinto and a tumba? Dario, you're going to have our pal Mike in Germany going crazy!
bongosnotbombs

Postby PRDRconguero » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:25 pm

Beautiful drums....how's the quality of em nowadays? I know some members have them..
PRDRconguero

Postby Mike » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:32 pm

bongosnotbombs wrote:Ooh, very nice set. Looks like a quinto and a tumba? Dario, you're going to have our pal Mike in Germany going crazy!

Yep, indeed!
But due to the current fincancial climate I have to decline :(

A VERY beautiful set of drums, fantastic.

PRDRconguero wrote:Beautiful drums....how's the quality of em nowadays?

Not at all the same quality, I have seen ridiculously thin rims on them modern ones.
Peace & drum
Mike

Postby seisporocho1 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:32 pm

wow. that tumba and quinto look great.

which I had the money to offer something for those drums.

good luck
Aiku,
6x8
seisporocho1

Postby Omelenko1 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:38 pm

PRDRconguero wrote:Beautiful drums....how's the quality of em nowadays? I know some members have them..

These are not from nowadays, these are from the mid 80's when they first started. The wood and the quality of these are far superior than current day Bauers. These have beautiful bellies on them, the sound is very impressive. I haven't seen hardware for congas such as these, very beefy and refined at the same time. These are made to last forever. They have factory made "almas" (inside top reinforcements) to prevent the conga from going egg shape. They have all the requirements for a quality, top of the line set.

Dario
Omelenko1

Postby Mike » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:58 pm

Omelenko1 wrote:
PRDRconguero wrote:Beautiful drums....how's the quality of em nowadays? I know some members have them..

These are not from nowadays, these are from the mid 80's when they first started. The wood and the quality of these are far superior than current day Bauers. These have beautiful bellies on them, the sound is very impressive. I haven't seen hardware for congas such as these, very beefy and refined at the same time.

Yes, Dario, I really believe that. My Raúl bongó is of the same amazing craftsmanship, hardware
second almost to none as far as durability is concerned. Those skins should still really beat it...
And the cedar smell is really seductive I reckon...
Anyway, good luck with selling and all the best. It is sad that you have to sell those beauties, brother!
Peace & drum
Mike

Postby Anonimo » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:23 pm

POST REMOVED BY THE AUTHOR
Last edited by Anonimo on Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anonimo

Postby PaulKargez » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:35 pm

Dario-
AWESOME drums! I have a Bauer Tumba and Raul conga that I procured from our very own esteemed Buckoh. Sweet smelling, sweet playing tubs! Wish I had the $$$! :cry:
Best,
Paul
PaulKargez

Postby congamyk » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:53 am

Nice drums.

The quality of Bauer high end congas are as good as ever.
IMO the top of the line congas have even made some improvements.
I like the rubber gasket at the bottom and the hardware on the classic and traditional high end is as good as it ever was.

Last edited by congamyk on Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
congamyk

Postby ABAKUA » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:56 am

Keep on track pls.

Best of luck with sale.
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby congabluedog » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:20 pm

Paul...could you post a pic of your Raul conga. When I lived in Seattle for 10 years I really had no $ at all to spend on drums. But John's Music started carrying the Rauls and I fell in love with them. They have the warmest tone I have ever heard on a conga drum. It must be the wood. I remember in the 90s he got about 20 of them and said they were the last ones that could be gotten. It killed me that I didn't have the $ then to buy a set. But I picked out 2 dif. sets for 2 of my good friends that still live out there. Anyway...I am a big fan. Beautiful drums Dario! Jacqui
congabluedog

Postby Jaisen Torres » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:47 pm

darrio whats up , hey this set is very nice , the hardware looks beautiful ...
Jaisen.
Jaisen Torres

Postby Omelenko1 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:10 pm

What's going on brother Jaisen, you are the "source". Thanks for the comment, coming from a conga connesuer like you. These Raul Brazilian congas are really nice.

Un abrazo, mi broder!

Dario
Omelenko1

Postby Jaisen Torres » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:28 pm

"congamyk"]Nice drums.

The quality of Bauer high end congas are as good as ever.
IMO the top of the line congas have even made some improvements.
I like the rubber gasket at the bottom and the hardware on the classic and traditional high end is as good as it ever was.

Image[/quote]

these are beautifull aswell, hey did you buy these in the states ? store or online ?
Jaisen.
Jaisen Torres

Next

Return to CongaSet and accessories