New Percussion Book on CongaPlace.. - .. I'm working on it...

Use this forum to discuss about all the other percussions and/or to suggest a new specified forum to add

Postby CongaMan » Fri May 11, 2001 11:55 pm

Hi guys,
I'm working on a new project on CongaPlace called "Percussion Book". It's dedicated to various instruments like guiro, maracas, claves, berimbau ecc....
I want to add a brief description of each instrument first and then some technique and sheet music.

To view works in progress go to:
[url=http://www.congaplace.com/percussion/

If]http://www.congaplace.com/percussion/

If[/url] you have comment, suggestions and/or you want to help me providing text and rhythms I will be very happy :biggrin:
CongaMan
Site Admin

Postby Mike » Sat May 12, 2001 8:53 pm

Hey, what you do is just great!!
I´ve been desperately looking for thorough information on my percussion instruments, and except for bongos (Trevor Salloum = excellent) and congas (Biger Sulsbrück = as I have mentioned earlier: great as well), there seems to be no sufficient information especially on the so-called small percussion - WHICH I CONSIDER NOT SMALL AT ALL!!! Especially bells!

An addititional info on the berimbau:
It´s interesting, a friend of mine , Hukwe Zawose from Tanzania (what a name - what a man) play a kind of berimbau in a brilliantly exciting way. Since the Tanzanian population and culture is made up from Bantu culture (esp. language), this root for that fascinating instrument has been very correctly covered by you. Go on, I´m impatiently waitung for the other instrumunets.

Peace, LOVE, and rhythm for all, Mike
Mike

Postby Laurent Lamy » Tue May 15, 2001 1:07 pm

I can send you scores on the small percussions. It would be necessary that you send me the exact list of instruments. It will be necessary that you rewrite the scores with your software because what I have is not beautiful.
Laurent Lamy

Postby CongaMan » Tue May 15, 2001 1:42 pm

Thanks Laurent,
I will be happy to re-write the scores with my software.
Regarding the list of small instrument You can find it at the: Percussion Book.

The list is provisional (If you think I should add other instruments I will be happy to do it) and at the present time contains:
Apito
Agogo
Berimbau
Caxixi
Clave
Cuica
Cowbell
Ganza
Guiro
Maracas
Surdo
Triangle
Tambora
Udu

Bye...
CongaMan
Site Admin

Postby Laurent Lamy » Wed May 16, 2001 11:35 pm

You could maybe add the chékéré to your list!
Laurent Lamy

Postby CongaMan » Thu May 17, 2001 9:51 am

It will be done!
CongaMan
Site Admin

Postby CongaMan » Fri May 18, 2001 11:43 pm

Berimbau and Caxixi description and pictures have been added... next agogo and guiro.. bye!
CongaMan
Site Admin

Postby Laurent Lamy » Sat May 19, 2001 8:24 am

You could maybe add the tamborim also!!!
Laurent Lamy

Postby timo » Wed Nov 21, 2001 8:20 am

hi congaman, i might be able to get you some scores for the berimbau, my brother plays copoeira and i might get some of him, for both regional and angola styles, but it's not sure, ill try.
you should also add the atambak, kind of brazilian conga played in capoeira.(it's an amazing intrument)
timo

Postby CongaMan » Wed Nov 21, 2001 10:21 am

Thanks Timo... it would be great!
I need people helping me to add new stuff on the site....
I've never heard about "atambak" but I will be happy to add it as soon as someone will give me informations about it... I don't think I will find anything on my brazilian books .... (I'm going to ask to my teacher Gilson who is brazilian)...

Keep in touch!
Bye
CongaMan
Site Admin

Postby Laurent Lamy » Wed Nov 21, 2001 10:52 am

Hi Timo, can you give us some atabaque rythms also?
Laurent Lamy

Postby timo » Wed Nov 21, 2001 11:00 am

i really dont know how to spell it Atambak , but i will try to get you the information as soon as i can. might be that the atambak is only a conga on a stand... or maybe not
timo

Postby timo » Wed Nov 21, 2001 11:06 am

hi laurent, i'll be happy to get you as many as i can, as i get from my brother. i know the basic capoeira and makulele
( thought i'm not sure about the makulele, since i learnt it by listning to my brother play). i'll ask him to tell me more.
but do you know where i could get a program so i could write them down properly, and then send them to you? this would be better then trying to write them with letters.
timo

Return to Other instruments