Drum Brushes (what do you recommend?)

Use this forum to discuss about all the other percussions and/or to suggest a new specified forum to add

Postby Firebrand » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:49 pm

Guys,

I'm trying to get myself a good pair of jazz-oriented (for boleros too) brushes. I've had some in the past that broke easily, or bent all out of shape.

What recommendations do you give me for a nice, light-touch pair of brushes. Are there any made of a plastic material that won't bend like wire brushes but which do not sound like the Vic Firth Rakes? That have a soft sound, yet can't be controlled for a stronger hit?

Durability and usability are the conditions that are important to me. I'd like to get people's recommendations? Thank you.
Firebrand

Postby yalla » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:26 pm

Sure there are! I tried many different plastic brushes and in my opinion the best to be used with various percussion are the Vater PolyFlex: the plastic wires are the longest lasting I've ever tried and the wooden handle is comfortable and very useful to play effects and strokes on cymbals, rims, shells... :)
nadie se salva de la rumba
yalla

Postby Gallichio » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:44 pm

I like Regal Tip. They make great brushed. Try the Wiskers.
All the Best!
Mike Gallichio
Gallichio

Postby OLSONGO » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:47 pm

Guys check this ones out, I am producing them and are for sale. This are less sticks( 5 ) , softer sound, but can kick nice into the guaguas and other latin rhythms. The handle is bamboo
they are called Chop Sticks.

Paz
Olsongo

Edited By OLSONGO on 1201286969

Attachment: http://mycongaplace.com/forum/eng/uploa ... icks04.jpg
OLSONGO

Return to Other instruments