Professionall mark tree (chimes) - lookin' for...

Use this forum to discuss about all the other percussions and/or to suggest a new specified forum to add

Postby Victorius » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:39 pm

Hello guys!

I'm looking for brands who make a proffesionall mark trees (for using on stage). I need great and long time sounding instrument - about 70 bars in 2 rows. Is anyone who makes it from bronze?

Thx for help!
Victorius

Postby polish_lancer » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:57 pm

I don't know about bronze ones (I know brass ones exist).

Check out Black Swamp, Spectrasound, and Treeworks for some of the better sounding mark trees.

Stay away from the LP, Pearl, rythmtech ones. They do not have a great sound.

I normally use a single row one for long sustain and a double row one for louder but shorter sustain.
polish_lancer

Postby Thomas » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:32 pm

Don't know any in bronze either.
Treeworks makes really good chimes.
I use the Treeworks double row chimes with 69 bars were each row can be played seperately.
When I bought them, I compared them with the high end LP's and the Meinl Luis Conte Signature Series Chimes. The LP's are too thin for noisy stages, the Meinls are good but still not as good as the Treeworks IMO.
But as you live in Poland, it will be hard to get them. I bought mine in NYC. If the Treeworks are not available in Europe, i still recommend the luis conte's (but they have only 60 bars afaik).
All the best, Tom!

Attachment: http://mycongaplace.com/forum/eng/uploa ... lowres.jpg
Thomas

Postby Victorius » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:27 pm

yeah in Poland it's impossible to get this staff like any chimes or any good congas/bongos etc. So I try to 'import' this from USA by my father's friend... So at first I need to know what item I want and than he will try to buy it for half price.

Bronze chimes... I haven't seen any yet too, but my friend here in Poland told me that he had ones few years ago, but sold! It was meinl about 70 bars and someone gave him that staff for birthday! He sold it here in Poland for about $600 - $700!!! He told me that it was probably the highest model that meinl ever had (?) I must believe him because his a musician - exactly sound engineer and plays on drumset. So I thought that you know somthing about chimes like that one??? Perhaps now it's out of stock?
Victorius

Postby Victorius » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:31 pm

once more! What about these brass chimes?? Are they better than alluminium? Some egzamples?

Sorry for my hard language - still learnin' :)
Victorius

Postby Victorius » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:24 pm

any additional opinions? :cool:
Victorius

Return to Other instruments