Remo does it for me - NuSkyn heads are awesome

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Postby rhythmisit » Fri Oct 11, 2002 8:42 pm

Just bought set of three Remos with NuSkyn heads, sounds great - just what I was looking for. Heads are very responsive to all variations Slap, Palming for bass, Open slap, Closed slap. These are not wood congas but they are not Fibereglass either - and sounds better than (sorry to say) Matadors or classics or Tocas. Then again it is all in the personal preference - I love them and planning to enjoy them for long long time. Need advise on raising them a bit off the ground to get better amplification. I inserted four tea coasters on four sides for now, worked for me but I am going to create feet for them with a 2X2 small block with one inch wide slot to put them on on bottom ring of conga, if I succeed, I will put the design up on this forum - Keep up the beat !!!!
rhythmisit

Postby michaelangelo rosario » Sat Oct 12, 2002 9:54 pm

there is a conga feet on the market, which fits right on the drum and lift the drum up about 2 inches for better tone.. they cost around $15.00 for one set. which remo drum did you get?. i've played them a few, times they sound good. i think Pancho Sanchez has a model as well. you said you bought 3 drums, how much did they cost? how do you like the 3 congas set up vs. 2 congas?.. you should read my post about " one drum"... good luck with your drums!..michaelangelo
e-mail is fyodor21@aol.com
michaelangelo rosario

Postby rhythmisit » Sun Oct 13, 2002 1:15 am

I may just get the individual Basket stands to be able to control the height. I got Poncho Sanchez signature series in Tuff-E-Nuff finish which comes with NuSkyn heads. The whole set 11, 11.75 & 12.5 they are all 30" tall cost me around $850. I am more into Jazz & Carribean rhythm and that's why I like these set, the sound has richness. I am very happy. Try them out if you see them in some store, hard to find them in stores, some time SamAsh carries them. Thanks and good luck.
rhythmisit

Return to CongaSet and accessories