Gon Bops on e-bay! - Last bulk of Gon Bops drums for auction!

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Postby tamboricua » Tue Sep 24, 2002 1:20 am

Hi CongaForum, hope all is well! For those Gon Pops hunters out there. There is about 10 Gon Bops drums for auction at e-bay, right now. According to the seller, this is the last bulk of drums Gon Bops did before selling to Timba. Go and take a look.

Saludos, Jorge Ginorio
tamboricua

Postby CongaCaja » Wed Sep 25, 2002 3:21 am

Hi again Jorge,

Wow, those Gon Bops on eBay look really nice! And the price doesn't seem bad either.

If I wasn't just a beginner, I'd jump on them. However, I can't really justify buying more drums at the moment. Happy with my matadors (for now). :D

cjk

Edited By CongaCaja on Sep. 24 2002 at 08:22
CongaCaja

Postby Chelsea » Wed Sep 25, 2002 8:39 am

I envy the person who'll own that set of four Gon Bops! They look like beautiful drums. Can't beat Gon Bop, I hear.

What do you think guys? Anyone going to start selling prized possessions to place a bid? :)

Chelsea
"Every instrument has to abide by the Clave. Stay on the Clave and you'll make it." - Tito Puente
Chelsea

Postby 120decibels » Wed Sep 25, 2002 12:10 pm

I'm not going to take out a second mortgage yet :p ! I'm tempted by the set of four, but I think that my wife might kill me. I've already taken over 1/2 of our home with drums, vibes, marimba, etc. :D Life is good, but maybe not that good.

To whoever picks up some Gon Bops in these auctions, congrats! I'm jealous.

Don't get me wrong, though. I love my LP Classics. I have always had a desire to own a set of Gon Bops, though.

Zach
120decibels

Postby benbaboon » Thu Sep 26, 2002 12:01 am

price isn't that great yet.... reserve isn't met.
Don't know about the last generations of gon bop hardware... the hardware was rather snappy...literally... I had a pair of Marianno model I had to get rid of before I lost an eye. These however look like a higher end model, hopefully a tad less brittle. Think about it... if they were so great why did they go out of business?
I had an older gon bops drum though that was rather nice though... with rods that didn't mind a little tension.

-bb
benbaboon

Postby carlitos » Tue Nov 12, 2002 10:17 am

Hey I was lucky to pick up a set of gon bops off ebay a conga and a tumba 11'' and 12.5" made out of oak. I got them for less than a G, no marks on them. I have a set of the Mahogny that I like better though I was hoping to match them up but the drums are very close in size 10 3/4 and 11 1/2 I've been thinking about selling and just buying the set of Bauers. I played some this weekend and they have that same warm sound as gon bops and there still in business. anyboody interested let me know.
Carlitos
carlitos

Return to CongaSet and accessories