LP Performer Series Congas - How do they stand up?

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Postby Falcon » Wed Jul 31, 2002 3:59 am

Hi guys, I'm new here. I love this conga place thing. It's God sent.

Listen guys, in the main page, there is a set of LP Performer Series Congas. They have a mega special on them. I need a new pair of drums and I was wondering if anyone new anything about them. They do not provide much info in the link. Are they wood? FB Glass? How tall are they? Are they any good? etc. Anything would be great! Thanks.
Falcon

Postby mikep » Mon Aug 12, 2002 10:44 pm

Hey Falcon, I saw that offer also on musiciansfriend.com. Which is why I am here to get some feedback. Buy a quinto & conga with the tumba for free sounds almost to good to be true.
Can anyone in congaland give us any info these congas?
Respect, Mikep
mikep

Postby CongaCaja » Sun Sep 08, 2002 1:21 am

I was trying to get info on this model also. It seems that they are a vendor-exclusive line so you won't find them elsewhere. (sort of like the LP Fuegos that are only available via Mars Music).

Anyway, my email to musicansfriend.com did not get a reply. My phone call to musicians friend connected to a sales rep who couldn't answer anything. Thus, I decided to call LP about them. The guy there told me that quality of these is somewhere between the Aspire and the Matador (which is in line with the pricing). He didn't give specifics, but that should give you an idea.

caja
CongaCaja

Postby CongaCaja » Tue Sep 17, 2002 12:14 am

Still no real info, but at least I received a reply from the vendor today...

Response (Eric) - 09/16/2002 05:03 PM
I do apologize for the delay. We are currently waiting to get all of the
correct specs from the manufacturer. As soon as the information is available, it will
be listed online. I do apologize for any inconvenience.

fyi, I've already order my drums (matadors) so this doesn't matter to me anymore. If/when I get some real info, I will post it here for the benefit of others.
CongaCaja

Postby Falcon » Thu Sep 26, 2002 4:08 am

Thanks for your reply guys.

Actually, I had ordered them just to try them out. Musicians Friend (the vendor of the congas), gives you 45 days to try them out. They where not bad. But not what I was looking for. After I had ordered them, I found out that they were between the Aspire's and the Matador series.

Although, I had changed the skin on them to the Evans conga authentic skin, and they sounded alot better. For the price, I guess they're a great buy. An excellent beginner drum in my opinion. They're bigger than the Aspires! 11 Quinto, 11 3/4 Conga and 12 1/2 Tumba versus the smaller 10, 11, and 12 of the Aspire series.

So, I returned them. I need a really good top of the line pair of congas so I'm going to save up a bit more.

Happy Drumming!
Falcon

Return to CongaSet and accessories