Practice pad for congas

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Postby Laurent Lamy » Sat Aug 17, 2002 6:51 am

;) Hi everybody,
I am looking for practice pad for congas. Is there anybody can tell where I can find it on the web?
Thank you
Laurent Lamy

Postby tamboricua » Sat Aug 17, 2002 2:32 pm

Hi Laurent, hope all is well! You have to check out William Hernandez creation the "Obbastudio". I own a set of the "Obbastudio", and let me tell you they are very nice. The "Obbas" reduce the sound of the instrument to a 90%, so you can practice anytime without disturbing your neighbors, plus practicing in wood will strengthen your hands and will clean your sounds. William Hernandez is a good friend of Orlando Poleo. Check out his web site at:

http://www.obbastudio.com

Hope this helps!

Saludos, Jorge Ginorio ;)
tamboricua

Postby Laurent Lamy » Sat Aug 17, 2002 5:12 pm

Hi Tamboricua,
I know his products, Orlando showed them to me but it's more expensive for me.
Laurent Lamy

Postby tamboricua » Sat Aug 17, 2002 7:53 pm

Laurent Lamy wrote:Hi Tamboricua,
I know his products, Orlando showed them to me but it's more expensive for me.

Laurent, you can get O. Poleo to get the product for you when he visits Venezuela. Hope this helps!

Saludos, Jorge Ginorio ;)
tamboricua

Postby benbaboon » Thu Aug 29, 2002 10:26 pm

I saw some conga practice pads in a toca catalog a few years back, but I don't know if they still make it.
-bb
benbaboon

Postby JohnnyConga » Fri Aug 30, 2002 1:30 am

HERE IS AN IDEA FOR PRACTICING ,just take a t-shirt and drape it over the head it reduces the sound significantly and u can still feel the drum. I actually invented Conga Cover heads but they wouldn't give me the patent on them because they were similar to the "shower cap". Back to the drawing board...At your Service...JC JOHNNY CONGA.... ;)
JohnnyConga

Postby DMcNamee » Fri Aug 30, 2002 6:51 am

Hi All!
Remo has a product called " Hands On " that consists of 2 Mondo type heads connected together( no bodies ), creating a "practice pad" for conga drums or for use in "low volume" situations. Check out http://www.interstatemusic.com

I Hope this helps!

Dale
DMcNamee

Postby Sirhc » Wed Sep 11, 2002 11:37 pm

Have you (or anyone else, for that matter) actually used this "Hands On" product by Remo?
Sirhc

Return to CongaSet and accessories