Key Notation for Berimbau - ... is it readable?

Use this forum to discuss about all the other percussions and/or to suggest a new specified forum to add

Postby CongaMan » Tue Jul 16, 2002 11:51 pm

Hi there,
i wanted to add some scores for berimbau but I had to decide what "style" to use (type of note and position) ... before going on writing sheet music for berimbau I wanted to know your opinions if this way is readeble enough or can be improved... it has to be focused that way: stick stroke on top, middle for stone and caxixi at bottom ..

I will appreciate you comments...
Stay tuned ;)

CongaMan
CongaMan
Site Admin

Postby JohnnyConga » Sat Jul 20, 2002 3:01 am

:D Wow never saw Notated Berimbau! It sounds right to me, and looks right. For me it is still as difficult as playing Pandiero,just to hold the berimbau on your pinky finger is a trip! an symultaneosly move the coin or stone back and forth against the wire, while the right hand strikes with the caxxixxi draped over your middle and ring finger of right hand,while holding the stick for striking. whew, it's work for sure but such a beautiful sound the Berimberim bau ,berim bau, I used to play it when I was with Sergio Mendes many berimbaus ago.....At your Service...JC JOHNNY CONGA.... ;)
JohnnyConga

Return to Other instruments