Two tumbadoras (12.5) Player

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Two tumbadoras (12.5) Player

Postby xplotaqlo » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:09 pm

I just bought a conga set (2 drums), I was told that is a professional setup with two tumbadoras (12.5) they are Lp fiberglass original. I am relatively new player, but looking in the web almost everybody in a two conga setup uses conga and tumba. I want to know your opinion in the matter of playing with two tumbadoras. Is it ok to play that way or should I buy a smaller drum?. thanks
xplotaqlo

Re: Two tumbadoras (12.5) Player

Postby KING CONGA » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:28 pm

xplotaqlo wrote:I just bought a conga set (2 drums), I was told that is a professional setup with two tumbadoras (12.5) they are Lp fiberglass original. I am relatively new player, but looking in the web almost everybody in a two conga setup uses conga and tumba. I want to know your opinion in the matter of playing with two tumbadoras. Is it ok to play that way or should I buy a smaller drum?. thanks

Welcome xplotaqlo.
Congratulations on your drums and welcome to the wonderful world of hand drumming. You've no doubt come to the right place.
Sound like you’ve got a nice set up however when playing, there is usually a "driver drum", this is the dominant drum, the one that you would typically use more, in my case I use a 11.0 quinto drum. In my opinion, this allows for a better range in tone.
Of course you can always tune one of the drums higher which could do the same, to some point, but keep in mind that the size of the drum does matter for tonal differences, that being the reason why most use two different size drums.
Hope this help.
Cheers
K.C.
KING CONGA

Return to Open Discussion