Evolution ?

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Evolution ?

Postby Anonimo » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:02 pm

POST REMOVED BY THE AUTHOR
Last edited by Anonimo on Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anonimo

Re: Evolution ?

Postby Jerry Bembe » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:23 pm

A person does not know where they are going if they do not know where they have been.

Not knowing the past, one is going into future in the dark without a flashlight.

There are few truly original ideas. Many "Original Ideas" actually are not truly original. When one understands the past, then they will understand the difference between which ideas are new (or original) and old (or established).

Regardless, each musician (or artist) has to decide their own path. It is a shame that some will disregard the past. Now there are so many teachers and resources for learning the foundation of these rhythms. Not very long ago, this was not the case and a person had to find their own way. It is a shame that now some will disregard the past due to pride or lack of interest.

Respectfully submitted, I am a student of these rhythms (not an expert like many others here) and I have much to learn. I appreciate this forum and what it has to offer.
Jerry Bembe

Return to Open Discussion