Mienl Congas

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Mienl Congas

Postby AlienIM-8 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:24 am

Hi there new to the forum and asking for thoughts on Mienl congas. I owned some basic Lp aspires but am now looking to purchase a better set.. Please help or throw another brand I may want instead? Appreciate the help folks
AlienIM-8

Re: Mienl Congas

Postby KING CONGA » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:08 pm

Greeting Allien. Is there a particular reason for Menil? I would recommend the LP Classics which have proven themselves time and time again. These drums have excellent hardware and descent skins.
anyways, good luck and welcome to the forum.
King C.
KING CONGA

Postby Anonimo » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:25 pm

POST REMOVED BY THE AUTHOR
Anonimo

Postby SpEd » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:09 pm

I have a set of Meinl Luis Contes, which I think are great drums. They are solidly built, not overly heavy, and I like the higher belly shape and traditional rims. Also, rubber isolator pads under the hardware plates, and rubber around the bottom opening. Of course I pitched the stock heads for some L&H mule skins. Just as with the mid-line LP's, new skins will improve the sound greatly IMO.

I also have a set of LP Matadors, but they are older models. I don't really care for the cheaper looking hardware LP is using these days on the Gen II models. One of these days I'm going to put new skins and trad LP rims on my Matadors also.

SpEd

Postby Jerry Bembe » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:45 am

Nice picture Ed. The body shape is very Valje like.
Jerry Bembe

Return to Open Discussion