Got My Drums-Thanks for Your Advice

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Got My Drums-Thanks for Your Advice

Postby Hawker » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:58 pm

I ended up with a set of 2002 LP Matador drums. They guy never took them out of the house once he bought them and lost interest after a few months. Therefore they look brand new without a mark or scratch anywhere. He told me on the phone they were a conga and a Tumba but turns out they are a conga and a quinto... 11" and 11 3/4 I believe. Got them both and the stand for $300 which I think is a pretty good price.

Thanks to all of you for your input over the last couple of weeks and JC for his emails that helped a lot.

Questions: When just using two drums which is my main drum? Or does that depend in part on whether I am primarily playing latin, pop or jazz and if you are doing much soloing?

Should I live with these heads for a while or make change as soon as I can afford it?

Thanks guys.
Hawker

Re: Got My Drums-Thanks for Your Advice

Postby JohnnyConga » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:44 pm

You will still need a tumbadora(bass) drum..the Quinto has a whole different role in playing..so you will use your Conga to learn on in the meantime, until u get your bass drum...call me when your ready...have to see the head on the drums to see the shape their in...they might not even be 'broken in' yet...JC
JohnnyConga

Return to Open Discussion