Spiritdrum has passed on. Ibae, Lisa Forman.

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Spiritdrum has passed on. Ibae, Lisa Forman.

Postby bongosnotbombs » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:48 pm

My good friend and member of this forum Lisa Forman, known here as Spiritdrum has passed. Sadly she took her own life on the Golden Gate bridge on 7/7/2011. Lisa was a very talented player, adept in both African and Cuban styles. She could play any part on any drum to rumba and other folkloric styles. She was well known here in San Francisco in the Afro-Cuban and drum circle communities. She was a wonderful person and artist.

Here is a photo of Lisa at my house where we studied the material from Sandy Perez's class, which we took together. She is the woman on the left with the drum. I will always remember her this way.

sanfranrumba.jpg

Here is a link to her posts here.

search.php?author_id=1583&sr=posts

Please take a moment to remember our passed community member and my friend. Ibae, Lisa, Ibae.
Last edited by bongosnotbombs on Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
bongosnotbombs

Re: Spiritdrum has passed on. Ibae, Lisa Forman.

Postby Chupacabra » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:14 am

BnB,

I can only imagine what you and all her other loved ones must be going through. Although I did not know her, I can certainly relate to the level of depression that she must have felt before making the ultimate choice. So many people are quick to judge, but they have never come face to face with the internal demons that are constantly lurking just beneath the surface.

This is no way to see a friend or family member go and I share your pain. You are doing the right thing by remembering the happier times when joy and laughter were shared, and also please remember to stay strong because those demons live in each and every one of us!

Godspeed!
Peter
... --- ... ... --- ... ...---...
Chupacabra

Postby SpEd » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:18 am

May Lisa find peace now in the place that is the source of all of our rhythms in this life.
SpEd

Postby Jerry Bembe » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:41 am

Chupacabra wrote:BnB,

I can only imagine what you and all her other loved ones must be going through. Although I did not know her, I can certainly relate to the level of depression that she must have felt before making the ultimate choice. So many people are quick to judge, but they have never come face to face with the internal demons that are constantly lurking just beneath the surface.

This is no way to see a friend or family member go and I share your pain. You are doing the right thing by remembering the happier times when joy and laughter were shared, and also please remember to stay strong because those demons live in each and every one of us!

Godspeed!
Peter

Well said. The good is in each and every one of us as well. We need to search sometimes but it is there.

BNB thank you for sharing. We are all in this together.

Peace
Jerry Bembe

Postby pavloconga » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:00 am

That's very sad to hear about.
Condolences to you and may she rest in peace.
Pavlo
pavloconga

Postby ABAKUA » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:00 am

My deepest condolences.
Though hard in this difficult moment, try to remember her for how she lived, and not how she passed.
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby Anonimo » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:37 am

POST REMOVED BY THE AUTHOR
Anonimo

Postby KING CONGA » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:58 pm

My condolences to all who personally knew her.
KING CONGA

Postby CongaTick » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:29 pm

What a horrifying loss to all who knew her and loved her. My deepest condolences to all. May she rest peacefully within the rhythms of heaven
CongaTick

Postby windhorse » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:22 pm

Thanks for posting this,, I just found out two days ago while visiting James. Still processing this one.. Gave me great pause to think of how interconnected we are,, even if you only see a friend once a year, or less.. It still matters. We're ALL family.
windhorse

Postby Omelenko1 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:43 pm

May she join the "rumberos" in heaven. My condolences to her family and all who knew her.

Dario
Omelenko1

Postby JohnnyConga » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:59 pm

My condolences to her family and friends. A terrible loss im sure....Johnny Conga
JohnnyConga

Postby bongosnotbombs » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:50 pm

JC, Lisa was a good friend of a friend of yours, Maria Medina, and they often played music together.
Attachments
277614_10100387750152414_3303411_55512076_2114794_o.jpg
bongosnotbombs

Postby buckoh » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:13 pm

My condolences to you and all of her friends and family. I echo Abakua's statement. Death of a loved one is always difficult, suicide hurts the most. Buck
buckoh

Return to Open Discussion