Meinl Pandeiros

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Meinl Pandeiros

Postby mrhands » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:32 pm

Hey everyone. I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with any of the pandeiros that Meinl makes. Specifically, I was wondering about their 10'' ABS(plastic) with the black napa head. From what I've read, the napa head is a two layered head. Thin plastic on the bottom and a softer layer on top which is supposed to help with the low end and overtones. Any input is grealy appreciated. Thanks for your time.
mrhands

Re: Meinl Pandeiros

Postby OLSONGO » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:30 pm

Contemporanea of Brasil puts out what I consider the best pandeiros for the money , there are others but are more expensive. Gope is not bad either. Meinl, LP etc are copies and usually too heavy.
Peace
Olsongo
OLSONGO

Postby Anonimo » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:36 pm

POST REMOVED BY THE AUTHOR
Anonimo

Postby OLSONGO » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:16 am

Now the question is are you an advaced player or a beginner ? but if you are rich it doesn't matter.
Peace
Olsongo
OLSONGO

Postby mrhands » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:54 am

Thanks for your input guys. I've been playing pandeiro since May of this year so I'm a beginner. I currently have an LP Rio natural skin head. It's my first pandeiro. Those other companies you mentioned are all much less available than LP and Meinl and there aren't any pandeiros where I am to try as it is. I ordered the LP one through the store and hoped it would be good. So far it's fine. But I have nothing to compare it to. I was wondering about the Meinl with black napa head because as everyone knows, the raw hide changes tone because of humidity etc...we all know the story...I was just wondering how the Meinl one was.
mrhands

Return to Open Discussion