Pandeiro Technique

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Pandeiro Technique

Postby mrhands » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:08 pm

Hey everyone. I was wondering about the modern pandeiro technique where the hand that holds the pandeiro moves back and forth. When playing a a steady rock rhythm with a 16th note hihat rhythm for example, does the pandeiro rock back and fourth for all 16ths? The bass sound will be produced either by the thumb or the tips of the finger depending on where the rocking of the pandeiro lands?

Or does the pandeiro only move back and forth when you are trying to get the jingle sound?

This may be a wierd question and I appologize.
mrhands

Re: Pandeiro Technique

Postby OLSONGO » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:13 pm

You can do either, the back and forth stays with the hi hat , otherwise if it counters... it may sound crossed if not well controled.
Peace
Olsongo
OLSONGO

Postby mrhands » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:53 am

OLSONGO wrote:You can do either, the back and forth stays with the hi hat , otherwise if it counters... it may sound crossed if not well controled.
Peace
Olsongo

Thanks. I've been playing "traditional" style with the free hand doing all the work. But then I saw videos of Scott Feiner and realised how much more economical having both hands do the work can be. I just need to build the stamina in my left hand to keep rocking the pandiero.
mrhands

Postby Dicemanb » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:10 am

Check out Marcos Suzano
Dicemanb

Postby mrhands » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:17 pm

Oh Yea I've checked him out too. Paul Mundy, Scott Kettner, Jorginho etc. I was interested in the documentary that Scott Feiner put together..Has anyone seen it/know where to see it? Thanks
mrhands

Return to Open Discussion