Some pics from my Sth America & Cuba trip.

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Re: Some pics from my Sth America & Cuba trip.

Postby pavloconga » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:51 pm

Hi Marcelo,
Oh no, I am so sorry to hear that about Macho. I am gutted man. Macho took me under his wing and treated me like a son the entire time I was there. I have so many great memories of the time I spent with him and his family. Before anything else – way beyond the fact he is an incredible conguero with rumba knowledge more than 1000kms deep – Macho was and is an incredible man. I can completely relate to what you say about leaving Cuba being so hard and emotional. I'll never forget the day I said goodbye to Macho y familia. I gotta pray for him.
Pavlo
pavloconga

Postby willie55 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:31 pm

WOW AMAZING PHOTOS..POST EVERYTHING SO THE WORLD CAN SEE..WHAT THE WORLD IS MISSING..
willie55

Postby Thomas Altmann » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:38 pm

Hi Marcelo,

thanks for sharing those great photos! Seems you have virtually covered everything.

Did you make Santo, Mano de Orula, or Añá?

Anyway, are you Cuban, originally? Your name suggests you are a Spanish speaker, and your appearance definitely makes you stay unnoticed as a tourist, both of which is of advantage in Havana.

Thomas
Thomas Altmann

Postby Garvin » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:41 pm

Wow... Awesome pictures. That is how you do it. Thanks for posting these. Congratulations on a life-changing trip.
Garvin

Postby buckoh » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:18 pm

Great pics Marcello! I'll be there on the 4th and I'm even more psyched after viewing your pics. Can't wait! Buckoh
buckoh

Postby Dangler » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:31 pm

A holiday in Havana should be mandatory for everyone,those pics make me realise I gotta get back there soon before it changes too much.
Thx
Dangler

Postby KING CONGA » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:06 pm

awesoma ABAKUA. How about that Mat. Requinto? Did it come?
KING CONGA

Postby TONE74 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:22 pm

Vaya Abakua! Acuerdate que lo gozao nadie te lo quita. Esta chevere y te tiraste foto con una pila e mostro.. Como te cayo el ron, fuerte no? je je je
TONE74

Postby ABAKUA » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:17 am

Thomas Altmann wrote:Hi Marcelo,

thanks for sharing those great photos! Seems you have virtually covered everything.

Did you make Santo, Mano de Orula, or Añá?

Anyway, are you Cuban, originally? Your name suggests you are a Spanish speaker, and your appearance definitely makes you stay unnoticed as a tourist, both of which is of advantage in Havana.

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Im glad you liked the pics, I will put up a few more seeing there has been interest.
Regards to your questions, I received Mano de Orula & became jurado Omo Aña, at this stage, no need to make Santo, I received Olukun, so camino direct to Ifa. Unsure if I will pursue the Ifa camino to Babalao, much to think about there... regardless, next step will be left to my next trip back.
I am not Cuban, was born in Argentina, but lived in Sydney since I was 2 yrs old. Speak Spanish extremely fluently and putting on the Cuban accent to get around hustlers/taxi's/drinks etc etc over there was easy :) I have many Cuban friends here, so that part was easy! :lol: For the larger part we got about unnoticed as tourists, however in the clubs... game on! I felt like a piece of sardine on the end of a hook the way the sharks (Cuban women) surrounded us! 8) Oh man.. best left off the forum. :wink:

We played with Adalberto Alvarez Y Su Son, Enrique Alvarez Y Su Charanga Latina, NG La Banda, Manolito Simonet Y Su Trabuco, Pedrito Calvo y La Nueva Justicia, also hung out and partied with Alexander Abreu & Havana D'Primera, Bamboleo, Klimax, Sur Caribe, Azucar Negra, Pupy y Los Que Son Son, David Calzado, Papines, and so many more. Truly amazing trip. They couldnt get over how we were from Australia, yet knew all about thier music, plus at the level which we played! Had some massive jams also. :)

Garvin wrote:Wow... Awesome pictures. That is how you do it. Thanks for posting these. Congratulations on a life-changing trip.

Thanks Garvin. You're right, truly life changing.

Dangler wrote:A holiday in Havana should be mandatory for everyone,those pics make me realise I gotta get back there soon before it changes too much.
Thx

DOOOO IIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8) :lol:

KING CONGA wrote:awesoma ABAKUA. How about that Mat. Requinto? Did it come?

I did not ask him to send, told him I would re-establish contact upon my return. Been back a few days now, which reminds me I should call him! :oops:

TONE74 wrote:Vaya Abakua! Acuerdate que lo gozao nadie te lo quita. Esta chevere y te tiraste foto con una pila e mostro.. Como te cayo el ron, fuerte no? je je je

Es verdad! El ron Havana Club es muy comun aqui, you find it everywhere so we were used to it, however we werent used to drinking it at all hours of the day all day, all night! hahahahaha :lol: Our tolerance to rum however has gone through the roof, on any average night by about 3 weeks into the trip it was 3 bottles per night! Añejo Blanco de 3 años, or 2 bottles Añejo de 7 años!
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby ABAKUA » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:00 am

Here are some of the paintings I brought back, now to frame them etc... along with a piece or two i really love.

Will post a few more pics also.
Attachments
P1020529.JPG
P1020530.JPG
P1020532.JPG
P1020533.JPG
P1020534.JPG
P1020535.JPG
P1020536.JPG
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby ABAKUA » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:24 am

Few more assorted pics....

Jumped down, off the Malecon, had to reach the water, then climb back up to the top of the Malecon to make my way back! Worth it, loved every moment! 8)

ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby windhorse » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:26 am

Wow!! Fantastic trip!! Man you really know how to do it!!
I'm so impressed that you put all of your heart and soul into it like that! Especially like the part where you said that you are a different person now, and will always be.. I think I know exactly what you mean!
Well done! :mrgreen:
windhorse

Postby ABAKUA » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:36 am

Thanks Dave, :D My heart & soul however are still in Cuba. I fell in love with La Habana, its people, the air, the energy, its life.
Everywhere is bursting with life and happiness.

here are a few more...

ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby No.2-1820 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:40 am

Thanks for sharing, very inspirational, I have to go sooner rather than later !

That first Havana Club bottle is my new screen saver ! :-)

Barrie
No.2-1820

Postby GuruPimpi » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:04 am

Marcello!

Your path is getting stronger and very inspirational for all of us. You lead your life as we all should; heartfull, brave, free and sincere. Thank you for sharing that!
I'm also curious in the meaning of what you wrote about what Cadenza is asking you about. Excuse my ignorance.

You groove man!

PimpS
GuruPimpi

PreviousNext

Return to Open Discussion