Were do you fall ?

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Were do you fall when it comes to playing your instrument.

Aficionado
10%
Amateur
25%
Semi Professional
45%
Professional
20%

Total votes : 20

Were do you fall ?

Postby Anonimo » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:42 am

POST REMOVED BY THE AUTHOR
Last edited by Anonimo on Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anonimo

Re: Were do you fall ?

Postby pcastag » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:56 pm

How about semi pro? Get paid, but don't do it full time.
PC
PC
pcastag

Postby roberthelpus » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:47 pm

Yes semi-pro. Don't get paid often or much but it happens. Sometimes the pay is in food and wine and a chance to play and hang out with an old friend.
roberthelpus

Postby CongaTick » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:10 pm

semi-pro
CongaTick

Postby Wronguero » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:51 pm

Hello, 1st post
I imagine if your paid then technically your pro but that doesn't make you great or in some cases even good. I had paid gigs before I considered myself even intermediate but that's because I'm a brazen blag artist and needed the doe, besides you learn quickly on stage.. As a percussionist honestly I'd rate myself as intermediate and experienced enough in gig to keep tight first and let fly if I'm feeling it or it's appropriate but always playing within what I know I can acheive with consistancy.
Wronguero

Postby salcero1 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:18 pm

Defintely an amatuer. Love the instrument, the history behind the music, the people who are both in the industry and who are not. I do not read music but would definitely love to learn proper music notation & reading techniques and to know exactly when to switch from bongo to bell and vice versa.I play mostly by ear and learned basic and advanced techniques hearing vinyl recordings stemming from the late '50's, '60's,'70's (the real Salsa Explosion days) and '80's. Y Sigo Pa'lante con una pasión cariñosa para tocar mi instrumento.
Last edited by salcero1 on Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:39 am, edited 4 times in total.
salcero1

Postby torpedo tom » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:20 am

Aficinado/amatur
torpedo tom

Postby Ernesto Pediangco » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:49 am

emi pro, since i never had opportunity or exposure to a healthier market & envoronment to study properly, so being self taught, I can hang in many music envoronments but w/o reading skills or technical expertise, I'd say I was semo pro. But as a repairman / drum tech & instrument designer, w/ machine shop experience and a great understanding of all elements of drum construction, parts & hard ware configurations and practical applications...I am at the top of that heap. Thats my true calling. Music perf. is some thing I do for professional and personal satisfaction under the right circumstances, on Congas, Bongos, timbales, hand perc. and multi percussion set ups ( like Airto;s colorful percussion table )
Ernesto Pediangco

Return to Open Discussion