NEED HELP Identifying congas found?

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

NEED HELP Identifying congas found?

Postby El Jefe Joven » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:05 am

I recently won a storage auction and found these beautiful congas inside the container. Wanted to see if someone could help me understand what I have found and maybe where/who the best place to sell congas? I know Afro brand might carry some collector value because of the acquisition by pearl back in the early 90s. Measure 24-1/2" Tall x 14" Width ......Any help is much appreciated! Thanks, Jeff (El Jefe)

El Jefe Joven

Re: NEED HELP Identifying congas found?

Postby KING CONGA » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:12 am

Greetings and welcome to the conga forum. What you have there is a begginer series of the AFRO congas which are no longer made. This company is now owned my the much more renouned pearl company, in fact you can clearly see the similarities in the hardware. Is this a set that you now own? they are comparable to the Pearl "Primero" series or the "LP Aspire" series which is also a begginer series. Hope this helps.
I dont recomend you purchase these drums unles you buy them for $150.00-180.00 including shipping.
Last edited by KING CONGA on Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KING CONGA

Postby Derbeno » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:10 pm

You should get around $200 for the pair, maybe $220 as they look in good condition.
Try your local Craigslist to save yourself the hassle of packing and shipping.
Echale candela, p'afinar los cueros
Derbeno

Postby El Jefe Joven » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:15 pm

Thank you for your help! I will see if there are any locals interested in them first.
El Jefe Joven

Return to Open Discussion