Who can learn to play congas?

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Re: Who can learn to play congas?

Postby Quinto Governor II » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:16 pm

I'm revisiting to thread to post this video related to the subject of 'women singing columbia' that developed during the discussion. Seems the old traditions are definitely giving way to new ones. This video shows more of women singing and dancing columbia. Anyone have this DVD ? Appears to be a good one, and also the 'Black Roots of Salsa DVD' - is that one out yet ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47pbGg6E ... re=related
Yambu
Quinto Governor II

Postby Anonimo » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:24 pm

POST REMOVED BY THE AUTHOR
Anonimo

Postby JohnnyConga » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:32 pm

The documentary is called "Roots of Rhythm" with Harry Belafonte... I was one of many consultants for that..
JohnnyConga

Postby jorge » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:04 am

Quinto Governor II wrote:I'm revisiting to thread to post this video related to the subject of 'women singing columbia' that developed during the discussion. Seems the old traditions are definitely giving way to new ones. This video shows more of women singing and dancing columbia. Anyone have this DVD ? Appears to be a good one, and also the 'Black Roots of Salsa DVD' - is that one out yet ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47pbGg6E ... re=related

That video has some great rumba columbia on it, sung and danced by women. Try contacting Berta Jottar on Facebook, she should be able to get you the DVD.
jorge

Previous

Return to Open Discussion