Greetings from USA

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Greetings from USA

Postby Catty » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:11 pm

Hola-

I've been involved with music of all kinds most of my life--began studying conga rudiments about 15 years ago, and have recently had the good fortune to return to studying conga technique. Life brings changes--with acquisition of family, I long ago relenquished my vintage LP fiberglass quinto/conga set and Matador tumba. But my kids are lucky in that dad loves drumming and is going to get the kids going at an early age. I acquired a couple of inexpensive quintos for my kids--but I could really use a tumba for myself, of course. Anyone have a beat-up but functional old tumba around that you'd be interested in trading for an acoustic guitar, ukulele, electric bass or accordian?

My apologies if this is inappropriate use of this forum.

Thanks! c
Catty

Re: Greetings from USA

Postby Dangler » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:39 pm

Hi Catty,welcome to the forum. I think you will have better luck if you post your location in your profile.

Happy drumming
Dangler

Postby burke » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:21 pm

Have you tried kijiji for your neck of the woods?

...and also welcome

Darrell
Burke
burke

Postby Catty » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:32 am

I'm in Western Montana. What is kijiji ?
Catty

Postby Anonimo » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:06 pm

POST REMOVED BY THE AUTHOR
Anonimo

Postby burke » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:32 pm

It's an internet classified ad site ...also craigslist is another. Just for giggles I checked congas for montana on both - not a thing! Never seen absolutely nothing come up before - usually there are beater congas [aspires, tocas etc] always for sale dirt cheap.

Checked idaho and there was some on craigslist (didn't actually look at the ads ... leave that to you)

http://boise.craigslist.org/search/?are ... catAbb=sss

ps. there are other locations for craigslist in Idaho but ...well ...I'll let you go further if you want.

Luck!

Darrell
Burke
burke

Postby Catty » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:20 pm

Yep, typcally nothing up this way (Northern Idaho isn't a hotbed for conga drumming, either..) The chances of someone having a tumba available locally are slim...open to a trade--slimmer still. I'm thinking this would be where the chances could perhaps be greatest.
Last edited by Catty on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catty

Postby Skulmoski » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:38 pm

Catty wrote:I'm in Western Montana. What is kijiji ?

Nice part of the world! Welcome!

GJS
Skulmoski

Postby roberthelpus » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:05 pm

The cool thing about it is that you can say that you are the best conguero in Western Montana. I lived in Bowling Green Virginia for a year or so and used to claim that I was the best conguero in Caroline County :D
roberthelpus

Postby benlin910 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:14 am

Hello ! I'm new on this forum so I introduce me...My name is Ben, I'm 21 years old, I'm a Belgian in USA. My hobbies : horses, kitesurf and video games...Nice to meet you.
benlin910

Postby KING CONGA » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:00 pm

benlin910 wrote:Hello ! I'm new on this forum so I introduce me...My name is Ben, I'm 21 years old, I'm a Belgian in USA. My hobbies : horses, kitesurf and video games...Nice to meet you.

Greetings benlin910 and welcome to the forum. I noticed that you don’t have Congas as part of your interest description. Are you interested in Congas? Do you have a set? What type of Music do you enjoy?
KING CONGA

Return to Open Discussion