RUMBA Playing, CONGA Jamming in Miami & Baltimore

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

RUMBA Playing, CONGA Jamming in Miami & Baltimore

Postby DJBakan » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:37 pm

Saludos to All,

I live in Baltimore Maryland and I will be traveling to Miami (Hialeah) Florida on December 20, I will be there for two weeks and I was wondering if anybody knows a place where I can go and jam a little bit I would love to do a real RUMBA. Here in Baltimore there is no that many people that is interested in Afro-Cuban, Afro-Caribbean Rhythms. Here there are just Drum Circles. I would love to play and practice a little more drumming it doesn't have to be a Big jamming session, any person that will be interested in getting together there will be cool.
Or if anybody is close to Baltimore and wants to do Cuban Rythms here let me know.
I appreciate your time.

Muchas Gracias

DJBakan
DJBakan

Re: RUMBA Playing, CONGA Jamming in Miami & Baltimore

Postby guarachon63 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:30 am

Not sure if you can jam here but this rumba just started up in Miami, definitely worth checking out. Every Sunday starting at 4pm

saludos
barry
===================================
http://esquinarumbera.blogspot.com
guarachon63

Postby DJBakan » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:46 pm

guarachon63 wrote:
Not sure if you can jam here but this rumba just started up in Miami, definitely worth checking out. Every Sunday starting at 4pm

saludos
barry

Thank you for the Info, I will definitely check it out.

DJBakan
DJBakan

Postby DJBakan » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:25 am

DJBakan wrote:
guarachon63 wrote:

saludos
barry

Thank you for the Info, I will definitely check it out.

DJBakan

I went there the last Sunday I was in Florida. It was great :D but I couldn't stay long because I was with my wife and baby. Next time I will go for sure and I will stay longer.

DJBakan
DJBakan

Postby DJBakan » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:57 pm

Well Rumberos!

Is this time of the year when I go to this beautiful city of Miami(Hialeah). I can't wait it is very cold here in Maryland.
I will be there from Sunday December 19, 2010 to Wednesday January 5, 2011. If anybody knows of a Rumba in a park, beach or even patio let me know. I am very interested to listen and of course to play with you guys. :D

Thanks

DJBakan
DJBakan

Postby juancho » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:30 pm

That's the problem with Hialeah or Fl to be in General. No hay recochas en ningun lado. There was a thread regarding this. A latin flavor place but no rumbas. You might find something in Ocean Dr. in Miami beach but probably drum circles. Hialeah....."la ciudad que crece" Good luck and say hello to my mom and my brother who lives in Hialeah.
Suerte
juancho
juancho

Postby DJBakan » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:34 pm

juancho wrote:That's the problem with Hialeah or Fl to be in General. No hay recochas en ningun lado. There was a thread regarding this. A latin flavor place but no rumbas. You might find something in Ocean Dr. in Miami beach but probably drum circles. Hialeah....."la ciudad que crece" Good luck and say hello to my mom and my brother who lives in Hialeah.
Suerte
juancho

Si Juancho esta difĂ­cil la cosa por aya. Hopefully I am able to find something there. My cousin was born and lives in Hialeah, he is also half Cuban and half Ecuadorian (my side of family). He plays drum set really really good (heavy metal stuff) and he barely knows Clave. :?
Saludos...

DJBakan
DJBakan

Re: RUMBA Playing, CONGA Jamming in Miami, Florida

Postby DJBakan » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:29 pm

Well this is my third time trying this, let see what happens this time.

I will be in Hialeah, FL from tomorrow Friday June 3 and I will come back Tuesday June 14. I am open to any Rumba, Conga Jam, or anything related in the Miami area. Please let me know if anything is happening. I will love to jam, share and learn from you guys.

Take care

DJBakan
DJBakan

Return to Open Discussion