toca vs lp - any feed back on toca custom congas

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Postby amcr » Thu Dec 13, 2001 2:17 am

...looking to buy-up and considering either toca custom or lp classic.... would appretiate feed back from readers about these drums with respect to playability, sound & projection for gigging....
amcr

Postby JohnnyConga » Thu Dec 13, 2001 5:19 am

I had the LP classic fiberglass 28 inch high salsa model. Luved them...the Tocas are top of the line for Toca. If you want more sound fiberglass gives you that,resonance. the wood gives you a more mellower sound. I personally endorse Pearl Elite Congas which are acoustically designed,are loud enough for me, but I hit hard anyway. There are many good drum makers today. Even the Matadors are good middle of the line drums,and reasonably priced.....hope that helps...JC JOHNNY CONGA....chek my site at http://www.ShowGigs.com/JohnnyConga.....
JohnnyConga

Postby Bongo Boy » Fri Jan 25, 2002 4:32 am

I can't compare drums--but there are currently several sets of LP Classics being offered by private sellers on both ebay and at bongocentral.com. You might find a bargain, or this message may be a month too late to do you any good!
Bongo Boy

Return to Open Discussion