MATT SMITH TURN AROUND TIME

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Re: MATT SMITH TURN AROUND TIME

Postby onile » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:45 am

Alafia Abures Mi!
I hope that you are all well and in an abundance of blessings!

I'm still ALIVE folks! I've been gone now for what seems decades, but I'm back! I'm back, and have update on my JCRs that I had sent to Matthew Smith a bit more than 11 Fricken Years Ago! Yes 11, Ónce Años, however you say it, it all comes down to......."The man ripped me off!" Hey, but how are you guys doing? I'm still jammin on my other drums, playing with local groups around town. I'm taking only the gigs that I choose! Folks gettin' crazy up on stage these days, arguing about what clave this song is in, and yelling at each other up on stage! Que Cosa!

I'm happy to be back tho, hopefully I can stay on here without stepping on any toes.......so far so good!

Be Well Brothers/Sisters

Odagbo!

Onile
Que Nsambi les acutare pa' siempre!
onile

Postby blavonski » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:30 pm

Hello onile,
Sorry to hear that, what a drag!
So, that means he just kept your drums, no compensation no explanations?
A toe ain't much of a toe, if it ain't been stepped on once or twice.
Have fun playing!
Good Vibrations,
Mr. Blavonski
blavonski

Postby onile » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:41 pm

Alafia Abure Blavonski!
I hope that you are well my brother!

Yeah, that's about the size of it! My toe has definitely been stepped on for sure!

In my heart of hearts, I know that he's a great person, always had nice things to say and definitely a great artesian. It's just after 11yrs. plus, I grew tired of hearing his excuses for not having them ready/completed! It's a shame, but I still have numerous sets to play.

Odagbo!

Onile
Attachments
IMG_0921.JPG
This is the last pic of my drums that he sent me around 6yrs ago.
onile

Postby Chtimulato » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:14 pm

I think I'd drive to his place and take my drums back. Definitively.
Private message : hallo Blair ! ;)
Last edited by Chtimulato on Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chtimulato

Postby blavonski » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:41 am

Onile,
that's a lot of understanding... But, what can you do when communication breaks down
and you're possibly thousands of miles away. Maybe they'll arrive one day, just when you've actually forgotten about them.

@ Chtimulato,
Hey Marc! How are your Giovannis doing?
Good Vibrations,
Mr. Blavonski
blavonski

Postby KING CONGA » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:03 pm

onile wrote:Alafia Abure Blavonski!
I hope that you are well my brother!

Yeah, that's about the size of it! My toe has definitely been stepped on for sure!

In my heart of hearts, I know that he's a great person, always had nice things to say and definitely a great artesian. It's just after 11yrs. plus, I grew tired of hearing his excuses for not having them ready/completed! It's a shame, but I still have numerous sets to play.

Odagbo!

Onile

Bro.!!!!! Que cosa! como as estado compai!. Bro. you been gone for a good while, glad you are back. Truly sorry to hear about the situation with your JCR's, its unbelievable but I know it to be true. I remember when you sent those to him. Bro. how is AZ?
KING CONGA

Postby onile » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:07 pm

Oye Papá!
Como esta' KIng Conga? I do hope that you've been doing well hermano!

AZ is burning up brothelito! It's hotter than the Devils Armpit!

Yeah, I've taken an extremely long hiatus from drumming forums, I just needed a break, and I'm sure members needed me to as well.
Eh, what's a girl to do? :D :D :D

How are you doing hermano? Still drumming? Y tu primo, how's he doing? I think most of the folks on here follow you on "Vintage Congas", congrats, it's an extremely informative, and resourceful forum! You've done well with forming it! Bendicion!

I'm still at the same place, next visit to AZ give me a call and we'll get together again!

Be Well Papá!

Odagbo!

Onile "Tony"
onile

Postby KING CONGA » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:43 pm

Gracias hermanos. Ill definitely give you a ring when I'm there. My primo is doing well, thanks for asking. Yes, "Vintage Conga Drums" forum is off the hook brode, over 9,500 members from literally all over the world, got some good people helping me manage it, made some new friends as well. You too bro. if you ever come to Cali, look me up.
Cuidate hermanos y bendiciones!!
KING CONGA

Postby Hawker » Sun May 08, 2022 5:24 pm

Onile Sir,
I know it's been a long time since this thread was updated, but I'm hoping your loooong wait to get your drums back has not gone on even longer.

If you don't mind, how does that stand? I'll always be a novice player but I've been a member here for a few years and always hoped that some day I might be able to afford these drums. Now that I've retired I can afford them but not sure I have enough years left to wait for them. ;)

So...I'm hoping that you have good news to report; if you don't mind me asking.

I had a gig last night (my first of 2022) and while I was playing drum set, for some reason I kept thinking how neat it would be if I was playing congas on this particular job. We were playing more Latin music that normal and I guess that's what brought me back here to check things out.

Thanks!!
Hawker

Postby KING CONGA » Tue May 17, 2022 2:55 pm

Hawker wrote:Onile Sir,
I know it's been a long time since this thread was updated, but I'm hoping your loooong wait to get your drums back has not gone on even longer.

If you don't mind, how does that stand? I'll always be a novice player but I've been a member here for a few years and always hoped that some day I might be able to afford these drums. Now that I've retired I can afford them but not sure I have enough years left to wait for them. ;)

So...I'm hoping that you have good news to report; if you don't mind me asking.

I had a gig last night (my first of 2022) and while I was playing drum set, for some reason I kept thinking how neat it would be if I was playing congas on this particular job. We were playing more Latin music that normal and I guess that's what brought me back here to check things out.

Thanks!!

Greetings Hawker!
I'm happy to say that, after a looooong wait, my bud Onile got his drums, they came out beautiful, as expected.
I can assure you that Conga drums will always find a place in Latin Music, certainly would be a great addition to any musical group.
I highly encourage you to consider investing in a set but whatever you do, do not invest in a beginner set, it will NOT grow with you.
I wish I would have been told this when I invested in my first pair :oops:
Take care amigo.
KING CONGA

Previous

Return to Open Discussion