Talking about Beamz and 'beam me up, Scottie!'

Use this forum to discuss about all the other percussions and/or to suggest a new specified forum to add

Talking about Beamz and 'beam me up, Scottie!'

Postby GuruPimpi » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:16 pm

Hello guys!

Yesterday I found a link on fat congas site which intrigued me a lot. I came across these sci fi toy as an instrument.
I'm asking you if anyone owns this spaceman and especially if anyone of you guys uses this Sonic Beamer with kids, music-therapeutically or just musically?
I'm workin with children with special needs and i think this could be really good gadget for my kids, beside all the instruments we are playing now...

http://thebeamz.com/videos/

Thanks for response, till the next beam! ;)

PimpS
GuruPimpi

Re: Talking about Beamz and 'beam me up, Scottie!'

Postby PaulKargez » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:31 pm

PimpS,
Hello my brother;
i work with special needs, autistic, and Asperger's diagnosed kids, and my little friends with limited R.O.M. This is exciting. Handsonic is yet another tool for us; kind of the same principal I think. The possibilities with my new pending project with at-risk kids should be endless! Thank you.
Feel free to email for further discussion if you like.
Best for the New Year/Decade,
Paul
PaulKargez

Re: Talking about Beamz and 'beam me up, Scottie!'

Postby GuruPimpi » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:42 am

Hello Paul, my brother! ;)

Thank you very much for response, I was kind of off the theme at forum since there was no reply... I must say that I jumped in the river and ordered the beamz and studio software along a day before yesterday ;) I'm waiting beamz to come and shine in a month or so... Nice to have a brother with similar background of work. I have handsonic too, but i don't use it with kids often, cause i don't work individually with them, only in group. I bring congas, bongos, djembes, shakers and we rock ;)
I'll send you an email soon!
Take care and groove on Paul!

Primoz
GuruPimpi

Return to Other instruments