Tambora Dominicana

Use this forum to discuss about all the other percussions and/or to suggest a new specified forum to add

Tambora Dominicana

Postby caballoballo » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:52 pm

Does anybody here play Tambora . I have been playing that instrument since 1988. For example the group where I have been playing for the last 4.5 years has a repertorie which include Merengue.On private parties we have to play that flavorous rhytm.
Josean
caballoballo

Re: Tambora Dominicana

Postby OLSONGO » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:02 pm

Caballo, I play it when there is a need for it, learned from a Dominican friend. It can be a lot of fun.

Paz
Olsongo
OLSONGO

Postby caballoballo » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:48 pm

Alright Brother Songo. Lots of fun into the rhytm. I play the basic fundamental pattern and others like pambiche, a lo maco & his variations which does not get you so exhausted like the basic rhytm. I use to have the one with the ropes to tune it, that one is kind of complicated so I opted for the lug type. I have a good deal at a music store where I payed about $125 including the case. My brothers at the band always make fun of the case because is pink and look like an oversize women cosmetic case. I called El Estuche de la Muñeca Barbie.
Josean
caballoballo

Postby OLSONGO » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:40 am

Caballo I am right handed, so that left hand likes to move or push the rythm ...and they get hot , there is something about a fast merengue.
Paz
Olsongo
OLSONGO

Return to Other instruments