SHEKERE SET for sale on Ebay

Use this forum to discuss about all the other percussions and/or to suggest a new specified forum to add

SHEKERE SET for sale on Ebay

Postby yusef33 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:02 pm

Hi all,
I just want to inform all my fellow percussionists about a nice Set of Agbe/Shekere being offered for a really good price on Ebay. These shekeres were made by Stan Corpus of Pacific Coast Percussion.
I've played most of Stan's shekeres and in my opinion are top notch, big time thumbs up....
producing incredible fat tones. Stan hand selects each gourd at a farm in Southern California.
Stan puts his heart and soul into his craft. Each gourd is specially prepared with Stan's unique preservation methods. I've seen his gourds hold water for hours and when emptied to my surprise the gourd's shell integrity and tone did not degrade.
Be the first to own this must have beautiful Agbe/Shekere Set.
Check out the link below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Professional-Afro-C ... dZViewItem
Attachments
Shekere0.jpg
Shekere.jpg
yusef33

Re: SHEKERE SET for sale on Ebay

Postby robert wallace » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:45 pm

As a 13-year player of chekeres, I can say that the chekere I got from Stan Corpus at Pacific Coast Percussion is the BEST I HAVE EVERY PLAYED IN MY LIFE! (And I've played a lot.) Great balance, control, and gourd tone. I put an extra string with adjustable dampening cord on the bottom so I can control volume. I play the thing EVERYWHERE! Highly recommended.
Robert Wallace, TotalRhythm.com
robert wallace

Re: SHEKERE SET for sale on Ebay

Postby Mr. Conga » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:27 pm

Robert Wallace, I am very happy you found a great Chekere maker as Stan, is one of the best. I commented on a post recomending Stan's work. Because he truely , does an excellent job.
The carving he doed on the gourds is highly professional, that produce great tones, out of his instruments.
I have tried many Chekere's like you, and Stan's our my favorite, they have the best tone quality.

Welcome to the board.
Mr. Conga

Return to Other instruments