A good Pandero set (for Plena)

Use this forum to discuss about all the other percussions and/or to suggest a new specified forum to add

A good Pandero set (for Plena)

Postby Firebrand » Tue May 27, 2008 2:04 pm

Guys,

As a teacher in a school, I ordered LP's World Beat Pandero sets (because I've been an LP man for a while now). I had an unfortuante problem with one of the panderos. The Requinto got bent out of shape, and I'm not sure if it was because one of my kids dropped it on the floor, or because I had left it in the back of a car where the sun could hit it (it was not tuned high...I never tune the requinto's high in school because my kids don't use them much).

Do you think it was the heat or a fall...and...what are people's opinions of this pandero set. I think they look kinda cheap.

Is there a better, mass-produced model that has easy replacement heads available for them.
Firebrand

Re: A good Pandero set (for Plena)

Postby ralph » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:39 pm

It got hot enough it could have been the heat, that caused the skin to tighten, and i'm pretty sure it wouldn't take much to bend the hardware that they use, it would have to have been a pretty good fall for the pandero to bend but that could be the reason as well, did the skin rip? Are they wood of pvc?
ralph

Re: A good Pandero set (for Plena)

Postby neftali.rosado » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:12 am

If you want to purchase a realy nice set of Panderetas from Puerto Rico I recommend Charlie Vega of Isabela his # is 787-830-3669. This is the nicest guy I have ever done buisness with and he is realy honest. In my opinion this is the man to go to for the instrument you are looking for way better then anything mass produced.

Saludos,

Neftali :D
neftali.rosado

Return to Other instruments