need HELP!!! LP talking drum head - ...replacement sold on line?

Use this forum to discuss about all the other percussions and/or to suggest a new specified forum to add

Postby Whopbamboom » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:21 am

I just checked the official usps.com website, and the online rate calculator is telling me that a 12-ounce package going from the USA to Italy via International Priority Mail would cost exactly $20.00 US. The website did not seem to be concerned about the package dimensions for a 12-ounce package.

That onkine quote that I found did not include insurance or customs charges, as far as I know, and so those would be additional cost.
You would also have to add my mailing costs to the cost of the shipping from West Coast Drums (or whatever dealer) to me.

Please be aware... so far, we can only take a guess at the package weight and dimensions. It is entirely possible that the package that I receive it in might not be suitable for international shipping, and I may have to change the outside carton for shipment.

Also please be aware-- the amount that I will have to collect from you for my mailing costs to Italy would need to be determined AFTER I have the part in my own hands... something that I can take to my local Post Office counter in order to get the ACTUAL rate that they supposedly will be charging me. Unfortunately, this would only take place after you have purchased the item from a dealer and had it shipped to me--- but it's the only way I can do this for you.

There are still two things you need to know:
1)This whole process may take a very long time for you to receive the item into your own two hands. There are several steps involved, and each of them will take time.
2)The ONLY way I personally am able to accept international payment for the reimbursement of the mailing cost is with a Western Union money wire... and these do cost some money (last I heard from a guy in Australia, it was about $16 US as a service fee).

All this having been said, I will still be glad to help if I can. Just know that international shipping can be troublesome (which is why a lot of places won't do it), and it can also be expensive, as well as take a long time to aquire something. But I'll still help you if you are willing to go through with it all.

If you still wish to go through it, then you will need to start by attempting to find an LP dealer who can supply the part number, and will accept international payment from you in Italy (however that particular dealer wishes to accept payment), and then will ship the part to a California destination.

Just let me know--
Whopbamboom

Postby yalla » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:21 am

Thank you for your kindness WBB, and sorry for the late answer. Looks like international shipping is not worth it: I found a dealer which could ship overseas and noticed that shipping charges will be much higher than the cost of the head itself - and the same goes for shipment arranged by yourself: US shipping to you, then shipping to me, payment fee... it would go around $50 when the head costs about $30.
So, I am afraid I have to drop this.
Thank you for your help and your attention anyway.
Now, I am waiting for Italian distributor to let me know if they can do something, and I am also considering to buy a flat, thin goatskin and mount it by myself.
nadie se salva de la rumba
yalla

Postby yalla » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:54 pm

INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!
UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!
My local retailer just gave me this head one hour ago!!!!
I went to the shop to try a Tycoon cajon and.... surprise!!! The head was there!!!!
Italian LP official importer could find one in their warehouse, it must have being laying there for many years...
Anyway that's it!
:) :) :) :) :)
nadie se salva de la rumba
yalla

Postby Whopbamboom » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:22 am

I'm very glad to hear that you were able to find a quick, easy solution. Go easy on that new skin!! :)
Whopbamboom

Postby OLSONGO » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:29 am

Just for reference, I was able to send a couple of bongo heads to Italy, took about 1 week to get there regular USPS
with the customs form as a gift and $20 US item value.
Shipping total $ 10 US .

Paz Olsongo
OLSONGO

Postby Whopbamboom » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:10 pm

I only quoted him what the online rate calculator at usps.com quoted me for a 12 oz. package to Italy from California. That was twenty bucks exactly. Perhaps those heads don't weigh 12 oz packed up, who knows.
Whopbamboom

Previous

Return to Other instruments