Gurio Tipico De Puerto Rico - Looking for specific Guiro

Use this forum to discuss about all the other percussions and/or to suggest a new specified forum to add

Postby neftali.rosado » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:14 am

Hi,

Everybody hows it going I am looking for a Guiro made by Osiris. I have family in Penuelas P.R. I know thats where the Guiro came from, I spoke with Frankie Perez Matos who runs a store and makes Guiros and his father makes cuatro's. When I spoke to him he told me that Osiris lives in Juanadillas. If anyone can please help me contact him it would be greatly appreciated.

Saludos,

Neftali Rosado Jr.
neftali.rosado

Postby tamboricua » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:40 am

Hola Neftali,

I don't register Juanadillas as one of Puerto Rico 78's cities. Maybe he is referring to Guayanilla, Juana Diaz, or possibly Patillas.

Best bet is to get in contact with the "Instituto de Cultura de Puerto Rico" and ask for Osiris contact numbers. As one of the top musical instrument artisan he must be registered with them.

If that doesn't work let me know. I can call my father in law who has been in contact with Osiris before.

Saludos,

Jorge Ginorio

PD How do you like your Elo Molina's panderos?

Edited By tamboricua on 1170175328
tamboricua

Postby oneleven1 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:46 pm

You know, I bought an Osiris guiro onlineabout a year ago, from cuatros.com, but I just checked their page and they don't appear to be offering it anymore... maybe you can try contacting them about it?
oneleven1

Postby tamboricua » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:49 pm

Neftali,

Here you go. Found this one on E-bay.

[url=http://cgi.ebay.com/HANDMADE-PUERTO-RICO-HIGUERA-GUICHARO-GUIRO-GUIRA_W0QQitemZ160078824141QQihZ006QQcategoryZ
622QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting]Osiris Guiro[/url]

Saludos,

Jorge Ginorio
tamboricua

Postby neftali.rosado » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:24 am

Hi,

Guys sorry I took so long to reply the correct city name is Juana Diaz, PR just east of Ponce. Tamboricua thanks for the E-bay posting. If anyone is able to get a contact number please post it or send it to me at neftali.rosado@gmail.com

Gracias,

Neftali Rosado

Tamboricua,

The Pandeiros are great I started attending a Bomba/Plena class every sunday I'm addicted In July they are having a clinic with the Cepedas cant wait we have been working on Quembe. :D

Edited By neftali.rosado on 1170815375
neftali.rosado

Return to Other instruments