cuatro puertorriqueño - tres cubano

Use this forum to discuss about all the other percussions and/or to suggest a new specified forum to add

Postby franc » Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:17 pm

to all my friends
i need to know if the ''cuatro puertorriqueño'' can be transformed to a ''cuban tres guitar''?? all help and advice welcome!!!!! my best and áche to all!! franc ???
ibúkún,ire,
Franc ♪♪
franc

Postby tamboricua » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:17 am

franc wrote:to all my friends
i need to know if the ''cuatro puertorriqueño'' can be transformed to a ''cuban tres guitar''?? all help and advice welcome!!!!! my best and áche to all!! franc ???

Franc,

Saludos hermano! I'm sorry to get in your business, but why do you want to do such thing?

Un cuatro boricua montuneando es el sonido mas lindo del mundo!!!!!

Saludos,

Jorge Ginorio
tamboricua

Postby Thomas Altmann » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:26 am

Franc:

I agree with Jorge. One thing I did is to buy a small Yamaha guitar that they sell for adolescent beginners. It has a very fair quality and is relatively inexpensive (around 150 - 200 Euros/Dollars). Then you go to any guitar constructor you trust (I knew one personally), and all he has to do is install another bridge and nut for three double strings.

You have to make up your mind before which type of tuning you want, and a good guitar player can give you advice as to what strings you should use. If you want, you can also mount a pick-up.

Greetings,

Thomas

Edited By Thomas Altmann on 1153211255
Thomas Altmann

Postby franc » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:49 am

guys,
thanks for the advice. you guys are right, i just was curious. i know some guitar playing. i have the Nelson Gonsalez cuban tres book. Jorge,you are right ''love also the beautiful ''montuneo''!!!! just like the cuatro i love the cuban tres sound. Thomas, i was thinking of doing just that. buy an inexpensive guitar and turn it to a tres. Nelson Gonsalez in his book show how to do it. thanks again!!! mucha salud and blessing to you both. my best and áche!! franc :D
ibúkún,ire,
Franc ♪♪
franc

Return to Other instruments