Remo Djembes

Use this forum to discuss about all the other percussions and/or to suggest a new specified forum to add

Postby mangorockfish » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:02 pm

What is the opinion of Remo's key tuned djembes?
mangorockfish

Postby Bataboom » Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:05 am

Man I am a fan of rope tuned goat skin drums they have an unbeat smooth mellow tone thats uncompairible. But I have for a long time been wanting to try a remo bolt tuned djembe, I have heard and seen clips of a few being played and they do have a unique sound of thier own I tell ya! I have just been to chicken to buy one before I try and there isnt a store around my area that has them. I do know that they have a very bright metalic sound that cuts like a knife Im sure it has its places in the rhythm world but not all.
Bataboom

Postby bongoron » Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:31 am

My daughter has one of each. He r remo is the 14 inch head. Big voice! Different tone, to be sure. It's good for pop/rock music. I prefer the goat skin for acoustic jam myself. I have played both in various situations. Both can produce a wide variety of sounds.

God bless!

-Ron
bongoron

Postby Thomas » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:31 am

I have one with those fibreskins on it, very deep bass and crispy highs. I think the tuning possibilities are a great benefit and it makes it easier for todays percussionist with big setups, to make them fit in.
I would recommend it,
but for a campfire session, I would prefer the "real thang"!
Thomas

Return to Other instruments