Tycoon perc.?

Use this forum to discuss about all the other percussions and/or to suggest a new specified forum to add

Postby percomat » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:43 pm

Anyone familiar with Tycoon percussion instruments, I thought about ordering som cowbells and tempoblocks from them, and I saw a cajon there too, but I can`t try it before buying it, so if someone here have tryed or heard something about Tycoon stuff please let me know. Peace
percomat

Postby yalla » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:55 pm

Well, I can only tell about Tycoon's congas and bongo, which are great. Their best model look and sound just like LP classic, and are enormously cheaper!!!
The same should go for other instruments so... go for it!!!
nadie se salva de la rumba
yalla

Postby percomat » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:29 pm

ok, i`ll order something and true, lp is expencive but it sounds great too.
percomat

Postby JohnnyConga » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:38 pm

What is the address for that site on Tycoon Perc???..."JC" Johnny Conga....they have just offered me an Endorsement and I lost there address...
JohnnyConga

Postby onile » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:43 pm

Alafia Abure JC!
I hope that you are well and in an abundance of blessings mi pana!

I just located the site: http://www.tycoonmusic.com/index.htm

I don't have an opinion on them as of yet, but am anxious to hear what anyone else feels about them.

Suave!

Onile!
Que Nsambi les acutare pa' siempre!
onile

Postby JohnnyConga » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:47 pm

Never mnd it's Tycoonmusic.com.....I ordered the tiger striped congas...they look really cool.....very nice congas....though all congas in the world are now being made in Thailand and in China....The chinese congas are made with good wood but the crown and hooks are not so good and the skins they use are paper thin....the real sad part is that ALL instruments are now being made in China and no longer in the United States...so their goes the "craftsman"....."JC" Johnny Conga...
JohnnyConga

Postby onile » Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:01 pm

Alafia JC!
So does this mean the "shell" is probably worth the purchase, but the hardware would need to be replaced?
What I mean is, one could buy these drums at reasonable prices, replace certain parts (maybe with LP, or other compatible parts) which would cost something else, then they may be able to 'convert' the drums into a reasonably good sounding drum. ???

Overall, would one be able to save $ or would it then be cheaper to stay away from these drums and go with a good name brand, Toca, Meinl, LP, GonBop, etc. etc?

Suave!
Onile!

Edited By onile on 1133460128
Que Nsambi les acutare pa' siempre!
onile

Postby JohnnyConga » Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:10 pm

Vaya Onile....well I know that the wood is good on the Tycoons,same wood used with Pearl congas and the same with the skins(water buffalo). I think their line Mtcf-tiger striped) are topof their line and the hardware looks good.
"JC" Johnny Conga....I still love my Pearls!..... :D
JohnnyConga

Re: Tycoon perc.?

Postby hotcongaman » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:01 am

I purchased a three set of the tigerfantasy congas and i love them to me they are better than most lp's that are being made now.The finish is high.quality like the hardware. They also have a light weight. I'm now trying to get the matching bongos.This series is no longer being made and replaced with the boa finish. I would buy them again if i had to.
hotcongaman

Re: Tycoon perc.?

Postby hotcongaman » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:48 pm

I also got the set and I'm very happy with them.I am finding it impossible to get a matching set of bongos to match them.I also bought the heritage models too.Very,very pleased with what Tycoon makes.
hotcongaman

Return to Other instruments