pandeiro mic.

Use this forum to discuss about all the other percussions and/or to suggest a new specified forum to add

Postby percomat » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:17 pm

halo, i'm looking for a microphone for my pandeiro, a small "mosquito", and now i'm thinking about buying an AKG c-417, but before ordering I wanted to hear with you guys, if anyone here have other suggestions?

thanks, if you know the prize too please add, I actually don't know the prize on the AKG either, ok, peace out.
percomat

Postby percomat » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:35 pm

..and when I'm first online, I saw a very cool thing for a pedal in a baguetterie shop in Marseille, a metal-thing with a hard plastic filt on each side, it seemed great for playing on a jamblock with pedal, but I don't remember who produces it?
percomat

Postby zaragemca » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:21 pm

Saludos,you should find the best way to secure the mic becouse all the beating and twisting it has to endurance.Dr. Zaragemca
International Club of Percussionists
zaragemca

Postby percomat » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:04 pm

Je, I know. I wondered about getting somethin wireless, but its too exencive and too much ropuble with those. I think it would work out fine if I put on elasatic rope (!dont know the english word for it) with a small mic on the backside of the drum.
percomat

Postby percomat » Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:08 pm

Hey, I found the club (Regal Tip Danny Reyes Cowbell Beater), check it. Anyone tried it?

http://www.wwbw.com/Regal-Tip-Danny-Reyes-Cowbell-Beater-i76779.music
percomat

Postby mco » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:39 pm

Greetings percomat,
I bought one of those Danny Reyes cowbell beaters for foot pedal and I'm pleased with it. The beater has two rubber surfaces, one slightly harder than the other. You can vary the sound of the cowbell depending on which side of the beater you use. Because the beater has more surface area in the longitudinal direction, it's easier to adjust it to hit the bell's sweet spot.The volume achieved with the Reyes beater isn't as loud or piercing as a regular wood beater, and I'm not sure if it would cut through a large band. The Reyes beater sound, however, is mellower and more pleasing to my ears.
I've been using the updated LP Gajate bracket which I had to modify with the addition of an extra u-clamp to prevent slippage of the cowbell. Next time I might try the Meinl bracket, which looks sturdy and well-designed. The Reyes beater works well with an LP cyclops tambourine. If you rotate the beater so that the plastic surface between the two rubber sides is exposed, the beater can also be used with a clave block yielding a solid sound (I like the Pearl low-pitch orange block). As far as cowbells go, I've been using the LP Mambo cowbell (LP-229) with the foot pedal. For a more clave-like bell sound, I like the Pearl Horacio Hernandez HH-2 ClaBell.
mco
mco

Postby percomat » Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:59 pm

thanks, I use the red LP jamblock and an Afro-bracket. But now I put an old sock over the jamblock because it sounds too sharp without. The mellow sound is what I`m looking for and your replie has convinced me that this club is what I need. Yes.
percomat

Return to Other instruments